Spin off: How do Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle's standup specials compare? Who do you think has the better standup specials?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
These two brothers are the top 2 comedians in the game in this era, so it's only natural to compare their standup specials

How do Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle's standup specials compare? Who do you think has the better standup specials when you compare their work?:jbhmm:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Both good but Dave is better. Chris’s jokes almost always have good subject matter but are sometimes terribly written. His funny voice can save some jokes but when they don’t, it really stands out

The pro-choice joke he told in his new special is a great example of this. He lost the crowd and made everyone uncomfortable

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I prefer Dave's old style and new style over Chris. But Chris is still one of the greatest comedians of all time (as well as Dave) and its undisputable no matter what shyt is going on apart from his work. Its universally Chappelle, Rock, Eddie and Pryor in no particular order. There are others that can be mentioned but those 4 are atop everyone's list that you could mention.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
There was a time when based off just stand up I had Rock over Chappelle but then Dave went "Legend" and it was a wrap for me........ Dave all day, but I love Chris Rock that's mfn Pookie one of the greatest portrayals of a crackhead in motion picture history 2nd only to Samuel L. Jackson in jungle fever.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Chappelle's first specials are still the greatest stand-up of the 21st century. I think of Rock more in the Eddie, Martin, Wayans' bros league, where they did stand-up (and it was great) but they were more famous for their tv/movie work. Chappelle is a pure stand-up and it shows (even though his tv/movie work is also great) he's the direct inheritor of Pryor.

Their recent shyt is just rich whining, but that's life

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Bring The Pain is probably better than any of Dave's specials, but Dave is more consistent. Dave's have more replay value while if you watch Never Scared and anything after that now they don't hold up imo. Chris is always good in films and stuff though.

I haven't seen the new Chris Rock yet.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bring The Pain is probably better than any of Dave's specials, but Dave is more consistent. Dave's have more replay value while if you watch Never Scared and anything after that now they don't hold up imo. Chris is always good in films and stuff though.

I haven't seen the new Chris Rock yet.
This

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
both are on a downward trend now that they are old rich guys with lots of "edgy" white friends. i find rock to be funnier but dave is a better story teller. i think their specials are pretty even but they excel at different things, so it just depends on what you want.