Spin: Gym shyt you bushed that you swear by now.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Fitness stuff you thought was stupid but now you do it.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rack pulls.

I never saw the point of them if you already did deadlifts. Started doing them earlier this year when I switched to six days push/pull/legs and didn't feel like deadlifting twice a week.

Now they're my favorite exercise. :blessed::lift:

Also, hip thrusts. I never did them until the gym added the machine that you hook to with a seatbelt. Even though they look :dame: they're extremely important to engage the glutes. Remember: glutes not firing properly = lower back has to do all the work on heavy compounds.

Last edited:

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Leg days being mostly hamstring exercises. It created an imbalance that held me back from adding weight on front squats. Now, I prolly do one or two exercises for quads at most

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Didn’t think it was stupid but got away from
Kettlebell exercises. Once I started hitting the gym more often I stopped using them. Now I’m doing both.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I used to be adamant about training legs because I didn't want chicken legs, so I trained them EOD. Now I train them once a month if I feel like it. My legs got smaller, but theyre still proportional to my upper body:jawalrus:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
LISS...for me, to melt pounds, this shyt works a lot better than HIIT (still get HIIT in for other beneficial reasons, but not fat loss)
Was doing some AM fitness reading this morning, got down the track of male vs female training (again) and just saw some validation of this

5. Women respond better to steady state cardio than HIIT
Since women don’t react as well to high intensity interval training, steady state cardio works better for them. And not just physically: mood improvements from aerobic exercise tend to be greater in women than in men.

9 Reasons why women should not train like men

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Rack pulls.

I never saw the point of them if you already did deadlifts. Started doing them earlier this year when I switched to six days push/pull/legs and didn't feel like deadlifting twice a week.

Now they're my favorite exercise. :blessed::lift:

Also, hip thrusts. I never did them until the gym added the machine that you hook to with a seatbelt. Even though they look :dame: they're extremely important to engage the glutes. Remember: glutes not firing properly = lower back has to do all the work on heavy compounds.
I never had traps until I started doing rack pulls.

Now they part of my weekly routine.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I used to be adamant about training legs because I didn't want chicken legs, so I trained them EOD. Now I train them once a month if I feel like it. My legs got smaller, but theyre still proportional to my upper body:jawalrus:
Once a month?

That soreness must be a bih.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Been lifting for two years at a gym.. never really started lifting heavy till now on compound lifts like bench press.

Strength training is boring asf compared to hypertrophy training though. 5 reps then rest for 2-3 mins :yawn: