SPIN: Do You Have a (Living) Will?

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
Serious, I know. I have a friend in the position right now of determining whether or not to pull the plug on her mother.

1o days ago, they found her mother after she'd suffered what they think was a stroke. She was left w/o oxygen to her brain; she's currently in a coma. The Drs. do not advise that she be left on the breathing machine past 10 days. Her mother has no medical insurance, living will, or will for that matter. She has never discussed with her mother what she'd like to have had done, should she ever get into this situation. She's been advised that if they decide to leave her on the machine and take her home, she'll need care 24/7. Considering the costs associated with spending one second in the hospital, you can imagine the what her hospital bill looks like just after 10 days. My friend today told me she considered it from a religious standpoint, and researched and found something suggesting that mercy killing is against god, so she's against pulling the plug right now. From what I understand, you can't recover from being brain dead, right?
I encourage all of you who have aging parents, families, or spouses to consider having a living will drawn up and be sure to include what you want, should you ever be in a vegetative state!

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
pull the fukking plug. when my aunt had cancer (RIP) she got to the point where being on machines were the only thing keeping her alive, my other aunt had power of attorney and it was her decision legally on whether or not to pull the plug. but people going through loss of loved ones dont really think correctly and she was kept on life support for probably a month when she should have been dead. it cost shyt loads of money and the choice was only made to pull the plug after the doctor had to directly tell my aunt that all she was doing was wasting time/money and prolonging suffering.

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
pull the fukking plug. when my aunt had cancer (RIP) she got to the point where being on machines were the only thing keeping her alive, my other aunt had power of attorney and it was her decision legally on whether or not to pull the plug. but people going through loss of loved ones dont really think correctly and she was kept on life support for probably a month when she should have been dead. it cost shyt loads of money and the choice was only made to pull the plug after the doctor had to directly tell my aunt that all she was doing was wasting time/money and prolonging suffering.

I agree that they should pull the plug but unfortunately, I don't think it will happen.