Spin: Did Al Pacino and James Caan get UTTERLY ROBBED for Best Supporting Actor for Godfather 1?

Best Supporting Actor for 1972

• James Caan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You see, it's easy to see Marlon Brando would get it for Godfather 1 and of course De Niro for Godfather 2 but did Joel Gray winning over Pacino and Caan seem right to you? And if y0u gad to choose between Pacino and Caan, who would of got it in your eyes?

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
45th Academy Awards - Wikipedia
Seeing how it cleaned up, I guess I need to watch this version of Cabaret.

Godfather still got best picture and Actor, but lost everything else to Cabaret which got 8 of the major awards that year.
it's got to be streaming somewhere. Gonna watch it when i get home just to satisfy my curiosity.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Now I gotta watch cabaret

And I woulda gave it to Pacino

If i somehow knew there was a sequel coming based on the book, (I don't know how it was in those days) then I'd give it to James Caan off GP I think... :patrice:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't understand why people take these awards seriously. There's alot of backstage behind the scenes politics that influence these awards. Rarely is the award given to the person who deserved it. I think Pacino only got 1 award for his entire career. He must have pissed someone off.