Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
RIP Kevin Conroy

even though it debut in Sep '92 i didnt see any threads on it

this show right here made me a fan of the DC universe :wow::mjcry::blessed:

Batman-The-Animated-Series-Featured-Image.jpg

An Oral History of ‘Batman: The Animated Series’

As the 1990s dawned, television audiences weren’t used to a dark version of the Dark Knight. America had briefly gone crazy for the 1960s series Batman, starring the late Adam West and an array of over-the-top character actors, but that had been camp at its most frivolous. Oddly enough, it took a kids’ cartoon to show TV-watchers the emotional and visual weight of the Caped Crusader. Debuting on Fox Kids as an after-school show in 1992, the Warner Bros.-produced Batman: The Animated Series changed the titular character’s mainstream profile forever. It consisted of 110 episodes (the latter 25 of them billed as The New Batman Adventures), spun off into a theatrically released film called Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and is now regarded as one of the greatest collection of superhero stories ever told. Here, 25 years after it debuted, is the history of the show in the words of its creators and stars.

The show began development in 1990, largely with staff who had been working on the Steven Spielberg-produced Fox Kids cartoon Tiny Toon Adventures.

Bruce Timm (character designer, director, and show co-creator): It was a fluke. I didn’t have any ambitions to become a director or a producer, and Batman just kind of landed in my lap. I had just gotten done working on the first season of Tiny Toon Adventures when the president of Warner Bros. Animation, Jean MacCurdy, assembled a big meeting. She mentioned some of the properties they were looking at, and one of the ones was Batman. The first Tim Burton movie had come out and it was a big hit. And the minute I heard that, it was like, Pow! That’s what I want to do. So I went back to my desk after the meeting, put all my Tiny Toon stuff to the side, and just started drawing Batman. Within a couple hours, I had this vision of Batman down on paper. It was a new take. Ever since I was a little kid, Batman was always one of my favorite things to draw, but I’d never quite managed to come up with a version of Batman that was completely pleasing to me. Every Batman I had drawn prior to that was always based on somebody else’s Batman. This was the first time I’d ever had a concrete, Bruce Timm–style Batman in my head. It was almost like he was just waiting there to be drawn. So the next time Jean had one of those meetings, I brought my drawings to her and I said, “I was thinking this might be a cool way to go with it.” And she said, “That’s … that’s perfect!”

batman-the-animated-series-3.jpg

Last edited:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That show was probably the best Batman show period followed right behind with Batman Beyond...both of them shyts didn't follow like regular cartoons and had serious dialogue with great storylines.
The Timmverse was the goat. Damn im getting old two cartoons I grew up watching turned 25 lol. Damn power rangers coming up on 25 next year also :mjcry:

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Batman stayed on his #HOH lifestyle

giphy.gif

Catwoman just wanted to love a breh...
:to:
No she didn't. She was always on some underhanded shyt.

The art was beautiful. I remember reading they drew it on black stock paper to give it that dark Art Deco look.

Show was so phenomenal it birthed one of the goat comic villains that had never appeared in print before :banderas:

latest

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
That show was probably the best Batman show period followed right behind with Batman Beyond...both of them shyts didn't follow like regular cartoons and had serious dialogue with great storylines.
And had a bomb black sidekick who was smarter than Terry

tumblr_n0juulvh481ro8sxxo3_500.gif

Maxine :blessed: