Spider-Man DVD. 4k dvd vs Blu-Ray | Series X or PS5?

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I want to buy the best physical version of Across the SpiderVerse.

What do I get and which system do I use?

I'm getting confused by Dolby, 4k , Blu-Ray.

I'm not buying a standalone 4k player

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
There’s 4k (uhd) or blu ray (1080p)

Ps5 plays both I believe.

Dolby vision is a type of HDR (high definition resolution). Allows for more realistic color depth. HDR-10 is the non licensed version of that.

Dolby vision/hdr is going to depend on your tv. If your tv has it (and 4k) and you have a uhd capable device you are good to go for UHD version.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Unfortunately none of the consoles have Dolby Vision for Blu-ray. Which is funny because the series consoles have Dolby Vision for gaming

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Just get the 4K UHD. It'll contain the 4K version and the Blu-Ray. Sony just added Dolby Atmos support to the PS5 so you'll get good sound if you have a setup that supports Atmos. Sony only supports Dolby Vision on their Bravia TVs. So if you have a one the PS5 will give you the option for Dolby Vision. But not on any other manufacturer. I can't confirm that personally. Someone on Reddit said that's how it worked for them.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Just get the 4K UHD. It'll contain the 4K version and the Blu-Ray. Sony just added Dolby Atmos support to the PS5 so you'll get good sound if you have a setup that supports Atmos. Sony only supports Dolby Vision on their Bravia TVs. So if you have a one the PS5 will give you the option for Dolby Vision. But not on any other manufacturer. I can't confirm that personally. Someone on Reddit said that's how it worked for them.
I believe that's only for gaming. The blu ray player doesn't support Dolby Vision.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Dolby Vision is a name brand for HDR. HDR-10 is the generic form of it. HDR is exclusive to 4k UHD (4k Blu-ray). Streaming services like Netflix offers HDR (Typically Dolby Vision) on some of its titles. I can't speak for PS5, but Xbox has offered HDR capabilities (Including Dolby Vision) since the Xbox One X. You also need a 4k TV with the feature, and a TV that gets bright enough to actually display what HDR is all about. Many Cheap 4K TVs are HDR compatible but don't get bright enough to display anything other than Standard Dynamic Range (SDR).

I always buy the 4k UHD copies of movies, as they offer the 4k streaming code with it. If you don't have a console or stand alone 4K Blu-ray player, you should just rent/buy the movie on VUDU/AppleTV/GoogleTV/Prime Video/etc