Spending money to get work done on your car unappreciation thread

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
will be going to the shop in about an hour to get new drivers belt, total cost $166:shaq2:

Just bought all new brake pads less than 2 months ago...$400

not a happy camper:sadbron::sadbron:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
will be going to the shop in about an hour to get new drivers belt, total cost $166:shaq2:

Just bought all new brake pads less than 2 months ago...$400

not a happy camper:sadbron::sadbron:

you got robbed b, brake pads aint that expensive and you just pop them on urself in like an hour....

dont know what a drivers belt is, but serpentine belts and such are easy to pop on and cheap too

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you got robbed b, brake pads aint that expensive and you just pop them on urself in like an hour....

dont know what a drivers belt is, but serpentine belts and such are easy to pop on and cheap too

I know a mechanic I run everything through him to make sure the prices are right...sadly he doesnt live in the same city

I got some other stuff done with the brakes

I need 2 belts which are like $40 a piece, the other $80 is labor

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know a mechanic I run everything through him to make sure the prices are right...sadly he doesnt live in the same city

I got some other stuff done with the brakes

I need 2 belts which are like $40 a piece, the other $80 is labor

you dont need a mechanic for these things though, just go to autozone, advanced auto parts or oreillys auto parts, by the parts and get a haynes manual or a chilton for your model car and do it yourself...unless your doing engine work or transmission work you can do everything else yourself.....

it required having tools though, lots of people dont have a standard tool set. plus a jack with jack stands.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you dont need a mechanic for these things though, just go to autozone, advanced auto parts or oreillys auto parts, by the parts and get a haynes manual or a chilton for your model car and do it yourself...unless your doing engine work or transmission work you can do everything else yourself.....

it required having tools though, lots of people dont have a standard tool set. plus a jack with jack stands.

id rather spend the little dough than mess my car up

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I wouldn't trust 98% of The Coli with a set of hand tools breh. That's asking for trouble. :upsetfavre:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't trust 98% of The Coli with a set of hand tools breh. That's asking for trouble. :upsetfavre:

i guess...i thought half of the nikkas on here were some STEM majors computer techs and shyt.....you mean tryin to say nikkas on here cant get handy with the tools?

I be fixin shyt all day, electronics, plumbing, cars. thats not my job though, i just like doin shyt and gettin the satisfaction and skill\knowledge that comes along with doin it.

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
i need 4 new tires on my car the are embarrassingly bald but i dont wanna spend the $500

shakobe

All Star
Daps
white smoke is coming from my engine does antbody know this means and the cost to fix it