South Park: The End Of Obesity | Coming May 24, 2024 [Paramount+]

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The advent of new weight loss drugs has a huge impact on everyone in South Park. When Cartman is denied access to the life-changing medicine, the kids jump into action. The new exclusive event SOUTH PARK: THE END OF OBESITY premieres May 24, 2024 on Paramount+!

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
can’t wait :ahh:

I look forward to these movie specials more than new regular season episodes at this point :heh:

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
South Park flabby and sick at this point, maybe it's because everyone is sensitive and they don't want to get people angry, but 20 years ago this would've been way funnier.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Kinda surprised you guys aren’t liking this. I thought it was pretty funny.

I don’t think people realize that over the last half decade or so as Matt & Trey have gotten older the South Park storylines have gotten “kinder & gentler” (by their standards) they’ve leaned more into parody than biting satire and the social commentary has gotten more, for lack of a better world, “preachy”. You can tell having their own children and families has changed them, and thats just part of life.

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda surprised you guys are liking this. I thought it was pretty funny.

I don’t think people realize that over the last half decade or so as Matt & Trey have gotten older the South Park storylines have gotten “kinder & gentler” (by their standards) they’ve leaned more into parody than biting satire and the social commentary has gotten more, for lack of a better world, “preachy”. You can tell having their own children and families has changed them, and thats just part of life.
They were always preachy :manny:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Kinda surprised you guys aren’t liking this. I thought it was pretty funny.

This isn’t my issue with it at all. It’s more they’ve gotten older and as we themselves in the adults more and lead the stories through the adults and it always gets way silly, losing the satire. The kids feel like secondary characters at this point and the storytellers through them is so flat

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This isn’t my issue with it at all. It’s more they’ve gotten older and as we themselves in the adults more and lead the stories through the adults and it always gets way silly, losing the satire. The kids feel like secondary characters at this point and the storytellers through them is so flat

I mean but honestly haven’t the kids been secondary for the last 4 or so years? Randy has become the defacto lead of the show it seems.