Sony to skip E3 for a second time in 2020, claims new report

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Given the impending console launch that would be a huge misstep.

I can't remember the last major console that launched and wasn't present there. It's just a good place to further build hype for your machine. Maybe they're going for gamescom instead?

TBH Sony does have its own conference...:ld: they dont really need to be at E3 anymore but I miss them...:mjcry: its not gonna be the same...

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Good let that ego stroking event die. Nintendo directs showing the way.

With access to anybody at any given time Sony doesn’t need E3 anymore. Y’all really want some old white man on a flute or ign talking about jack shyt till the next announcement?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
TBH Sony does have its own conference...:ld: they dont really need to be at E3 anymore but I miss them...:mjcry: its not gonna be the same...
So they have their own event to unveiled in Feb and then hold another event later in the year to reveal more? Rely on gamescom? Going from Q1 all the way to Q4 is a long time.

E3 is just a good place and time to showcase the details of their new console.

E3 may be less relevant than it once was but when launching a new console it provides a great stage to have one last hurrah before launch.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
E3 is boring without Sony. Nintendo's conference is now relegated to a 30 minute direct and MSFT is just Xbox fan news with some third parties thrown in there for stage hype.
I'm guessing you mainly pay attention to E3 for Sony news then because outside of them not being there it was the same as it ever was. E3 isn't just the conferences it's the media going hands on with stuff and us getting demos and seeing game details / impressions as well as announcements. All that stuff really still happened. Nintendo does their treehouse demos and has stuff on the show floor.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm guessing you mainly pay attention to E3 for Sony news then because outside of them not being there it was the same as it ever was. E3 isn't just the conferences it's the media going hands on with stuff and us getting demos and seeing game details / impressions as well as announcements. All that stuff really still happened. Nintendo does their treehouse demos and has stuff on the show floor.
I watch the MSFT conference, Sony and Nintendo conference but Sony's are typically the most exciting imo because they tend to show/announce a exclusive game that was hotly anticipated or didn't know about. MSFT haven't yet gotten to that point where they can do that so their conference tend to be news that's exciting to Xbox fans and 3rd party games can come on any show so I don't tend to factor that in unless a great gameplay snippet is shown. I want to see this year's E3 for xbox since it's a new console and it's next gen so all three are sort of important THIS year so Sony skipping would be weird.