Sony Pictures Acquires Alamo Drafthouse

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We don't even have these in FL, never heard of it

I assumed it was some steakhouse like Texas Roadhouse.

They're actually super dope.

They have the usual alcohol/food served to you like a lot of other theaters these days but they also do indie/old movie marathons. Like they'll run all 3 "Back To The Future" or the original "Evil Dead" trilogy, etc.

I went and seen "Endgame" at an Alamo and they had a bunch of cosplay (and I mean, dope cosplay) in the lobby.

Sadly the one in KC shut down and now it's a BB. Which is good but not as good.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I read or heard on YouTube this is the only way for studios to make money now. No need to do splits with theaters if you own the theater. Expect others to follow suit.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

They have the usual alcohol/food served to you like a lot of other theaters these days but they also do indie/old movie marathons. Like they'll run all 3 "Back To The Future" or the original "Evil Dead" trilogy, etc.

I went and seen "Endgame" at an Alamo and they had a bunch of cosplay (and I mean, dope cosplay) in the lobby.

Fred.
I went there on the humble for the 1st time to see Civil War and yeah all the wait staff were wearing super hero shyt. I appreciated the extra effort.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I went there on the humble for the 1st time to see Civil War and yeah all the wait staff were wearing super hero shyt. I appreciated the extra effort.

I dunno if you're familiar with BB but it's basically Alamo without all the cool extra stuff.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Fred.
okay thats dope

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hope they dont ex out the alamo season pass. The one i go to in yonkers just redid the seats

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I read or heard on YouTube this is the only way for studios to make money now. No need to do splits with theaters if you own the theater. Expect others to follow suit.
Who is your movie industry YouTuber? I listen to the Town on Spotify.

Alamo is dope. I been to a few movies when I was stationed at Ft. Sam.