Sony has reportedly partnered with NCSoft to make a Horizon MMORPG

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
A Destiny style MMO would actually be perfect for this IP where you got instanced raids with other people taking down these machines in different scenarios, especially with loadouts with limited weapons where roles are created for DPS, tanks, support / healers, etc.

The Horizon universe has a lot of potential beyond Aloy. I can definitely see them branching it out

Separating the series identity from the whole "chosen one" story of Aloy would be a good move for this IP, especially how she's sorta become a messiah in the story.

It would be cool creating your own character who is an actual regular person in this world that needs to basically hunt, accumulate resources and shyt to rise in status in the world. They got all these different tribes too now that can be different origin stories similar to FFXIV.

Last edited:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn that's dope. I just finished Forbidden West recently and while it wasn't perfect, it was a great world to explore and I loved the characters.

An MMO would absolutely work, but even an RTS in that world would be fire. Halo Wars were low key dope as fukk and I find the Horizon universe is even stronger. Being able to build a fleet of machines and destroy villages would be fun lol

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
If they can keep the same graphics in open world environment for thousands of players at a time…. Which I don’t believe they have the technology for…but on some mmo monster hunter shyt :ohhh:

They already have the lore.. there is so much story detail all ready from those 2 games they can use. And the way the sequel ended we could be looking at different planets to travel too like phantasy star online

I just finished the game and one of my thoughts at the end was how the other characters kinda of had classes. Elrond is a big tank, varl is a hunter like alloy, kotalla is dps, vo is a healer and the other quen chick would be a support

I was really thinking the only way to make horizon 3 better would be a party system like Ffxv where you choose your companions and they fight with you