Sony Facing Lawsuit Over PlayStation Store Digital Sales Exclusivity

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ya I liked being able to buy digital PS games directly from bestbuy since you can no longer use reward points to buy PS gift cards

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
ya I liked being able to buy digital PS games directly from bestbuy since you can no longer use reward points to buy PS gift cards

I actually think it should go back to this, but i know nintendo and microsoft are gonna eventually do it also

I remember buying God of War from greenmangaming for like 48 bucks

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
paying the same for digital and physical is a rip off, let alone paying more for digital

but I think a lot of this has to do with these companies not wanting to undercut physical stores, because they still need them to sell the hardware. physical stores need to sell games and accessories to make up for the low profit on hardware. if they can't sell the games, because people are getting digital for cheaper, they probably gonna say fukk the hardware

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
paying the same for digital and physical is a rip off, let alone paying more for digital

but I think a lot of this has to do with these companies not wanting to undercut physical stores, because they still need them to sell the hardware. physical stores need to sell games and accessories to make up for the low profit on hardware. if they can't sell the games, because people are getting digital for cheaper, they probably gonna say fukk the hardware
digital should always be cheaper

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
digital should always be cheaper

Technically yes, but i think the reason sony and Ms are pushing digital consoles is to make up the difference of the rising production cost. I mean, forget a box and paying retailers for shelf space. Doesn’t compare to hiring Keifer Sutherland to do voice acting