Sony Brehs, Enlighten me on the PS5

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
So the young Joey and I had a bit of a pow wow with the mother marsupial on copping a console and our eyes went to the PS5. As a former Sony breh whose been in the dark since the PS3, I'm coming into this affair with a smooth brain, open mind, and curiousity.

So this is where yall come in:ehh::

• Disc or Discless?
  • Backward compatibility? (Will my old PS3 digital library hold it down on the PS5)
  • Which version of Plus would give the best value?
  • Which exclusives I should check out (My eye on Gran Turismo 7, but like I said, I'm in the dark and PC gang).
  • Maintenance ideas

Will be in them trees for the replies..............................................................

and fanboy babble:
giphy.gif

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Give yourself options by getting the disc...I have it and still download digital games
Don't think PS3 games play on it but I'm about to replay RDR2 on the 5 later after wrapping up Sifu
I have Plus Premium...can't complain about it but def look for deals to extend it if you can
GOW Ragnarok, Spiderman 1 & Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted Series, Ghost of Tsushima
Keep it vertical and in areas where air can flow easily...went to clean it last week or so and shyt had no signs of dust anywhere

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
So the young Joey and I had a bit of a pow wow with the mother marsupial on copping a console and our eyes went to the PS5. As a former Sony breh whose been in the dark since the PS3, I'm coming into this affair with a smooth brain, open mind, and curiousity.

So this is where yall come in:ehh::

• Disc or Discless?
  • Backward compatibility? (Will my old PS3 digital library hold it down on the PS5)
  • Which version of Plus would give the best value?
  • Which exclusives I should check out (My eye on Gran Turismo 7, but like I said, I'm in the dark and PC gang).
  • Maintenance ideas

Will be in them trees for the replies..............................................................

and fanboy babble:
giphy.gif
Disc or digital is just personal preference unless you want to watch blu-ray movies

Only way PS3 games are playable is through the streaming option with playstation plus premium tier. The extra tier is a good value more available games other than your monthly games

Exclusives depend on what games you’re interested in

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Disc or Discless?
Depends on how price conscience you are. If you are someone that still collects or you want to save a few bucks buying and selling games disc is obviously the way to go. But if you are mostly digital on pc it won’t really seem that different, theres a shyt ton of sales going on all the time, and the summer sale is going on right now with 100’s of games on there. Not to mention PS Plus is poppin for someone that skipped the ps4, almost every big game is on there.

Summer Sale:

Backward compatibility? (Will my old PS3 digital library hold it down on the PS5)
No. backwards compatibility is ps4 only, but there is cloud streaming for ps3,ps2, ps1, and psp games. You can also download the latter 3 when they’re available
Which version of Plus would give the best value?
If you don’t care about game trials and cloud gaming (which again includes all the above) then extra is your best bet. You can find the annual membership on sale for 75 dollars a couple times a year. It has mostly everything you would want to play it on it.

Refer to this thread:

Which exclusives I should check out (My eye on Gran Turismo 7, but like I said, I'm in the dark and PC gang)

Gran Turismo 7
Kena Bridge of Spirits
God of War & God of War Ragnarok
Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy
Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut
Bloodborne
Nioh 2
Sifu
Demon’s Souls
The Last of Us part 1 & 2
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Spider-Man (remastered), Spider-Man Miles Morales and soon Spider-Man 2
Horizon Forbidden West
Death Stranding Directors Cut
Detroit Become Human
Astro’s Playroom
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Final Fantasy XVI

Most of these are on PS Plus Extra

Maintenance ideas
Just keep it in a non-enclosed area, maybe every 6 months just remove the lid and give it a quick dusting. Get a 2tb SSD, they can be had for around 100 bucks, an extra dualsense and a docking station.

Last edited:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps

BBG 1 TB is plenty :scust:

Im old enough to remember memory cards from back in the day. I'll be damned if I spend more than 20 bucks on memory. At the end of the day that's all it is, but because of technological advancements we now save the whole game instead of just states. I got a gig download speed, I'd rather just redownload my shyts than to fork more money over to these companies for memory.