Sonic the Hedgehog Movie gets a release date: 11/15/2019

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mario isn't the only iconic video game mascot with a movie on the way. Sonic the Hedgehog will be gracing theatres with his celluloid debut next year. The Sonic the Hedgehog movie release date is November 15, 2019.

Fast and Furious producer Neal H. Moritz is producing the film alongside Deadpool director Tim Miller as executive producer. It's being directed by Jeff Fowler. He previously directed Oscar-nominated short Gopher Broke.

Sonic the Hedgehog's script is penned by Pat Casey and Josh Miller, who created the Fox Animation show Golan The Insatiable.

Announced in 2014, the Sonic the Hedgehog movie was to be a collaboration between Sega Sammy and Sony Pictures. However in October 2017, Sony Pictures backed out of the project and the film rights were passed onto Paramount Pictures.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the movie will be a mix of live action and CGI, akin to the Detective Pikachu movie starring Ryan Reynolds.

Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Release Date Announced

:ehh: I might peep this

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Wait...they are doing another mario movie?:ohhh:

Yeah it's supposed to be a full cgi animated movie by the people who make the minions movies . I wonder how that's going to work tho since Mario speaks migos how's that going to work without it sounding weird or corny :huhldup:

But this Sonic movie tho I hope it's good but it being live action with cgi sounds like it could be a complete disaster. Why not make it a fully animated cgi movie :dahell:

Sounds like they want to put real people in Sonic again which was always pretty weird to me even in the games:skip:

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
The original 90's Sonic movie was the GOAT video game movie for the soundtrack and visuals alone. It was an all-around entertaining film.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Looks and sounds trash. Just stick to an animated format but we know that’s too expensive