Sonic Adventure – Maximo: Ghosts to Glory – Super Mario Sunshine – Wario World – Kya: Dark Lineage

Vert1

Rookie
Daps
This is a thread to discuss whatever you want about these 5 essential 3D platformers of the 6th Gen consoles. Do you like 3D platformers enough to play each game?

Sonic Adventure's first level, Emerald Coast, is the most impressive start to a platforming game to date. Super Mario Sunshine had the major hype of figuring out where Nintendo would take Mario next after Super Mario 64. The FLUDD was an ingenious new take on differentiating Mario from his past self while still maintaining a strong feeling of familiarity. Maximo, Wario, and Kya were all games I bought without following their hype trail. Wario World is a game that I thought the HUB-like stages could have been made more traditional, but I'm not sure how Treasure could do that while keeping the mystical-vibe of the otherworldly platform/puzzle levels. The glue globes in that game are too amusing to miss out on. Kya is surprising with how inventive and fast-paced it is. Maximo is still tough but actually able to be perceived as beatable this time around.

Did any of you play these at demo stations or at launch? It was highly remarkable going from holding an N64 controller pressing the one trigger Z-button to long jump to messing around with GameCube's two analog triggers. Playing these games now is felt as a much different event.

I still maintain that platforming in 3D = Mario vs Sonic vs everyone else.

img_e2205.jpg

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
if it's similiar in scale to these recent remakes yea:ohlawd: