Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
:myman:

Dragged my family to see this yesterday. The freestyles were great, the interviews were straight, and my girl and I came out with a better appreciation for the old school. I'll be writing a review for the blog tomorrow.

Only complaints I had was, they didn't go to the south, they went to Detroit and only interviewed Em and Royce, and they didn't interview anyone from the new school.

It was funny in the theater cause it was us and a small handful of white people. First freestyle is Grandmaster Caz calling everyone nikka, and I'm looking around the theater like :russ:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Only two theaters in Memphis showing this and they're far out. :comeon:

Still wanna see it though hopefully a copy pops up soon. :to:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yes: @ Ice-T with the LA hate. Cheeaaa.
When is this hittin DVD ? I wanna check it out.

usopp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
syrup village
:myman:

Dragged my family to see this yesterday. The freestyles were great, the interviews were straight, and my girl and I came out with a better appreciation for the old school. I'll be writing a review for the blog tomorrow.

Only complaints I had was, they didn't go to the south, they went to Detroit and only interviewed Em and Royce, and they didn't interview anyone from the new school.

It was funny in the theater cause it was us and a small handful of white people. First freestyle is Grandmaster Caz calling everyone nikka, and I'm looking around the theater like :russ:
thats what i'm sayin! what about 7 mile? awesome dre? esham? or tha white boys that had more influence in tha D than emily?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Just got back from this...pretty dope.

I was reading an article on the making of the doc...and Ice said the original cut was about 4 hours long...hope he releases that version on Blu-Ray/DVD...would love to see that.

I liked the "rawness" of the filming...you had motherfukkers on the street taking pics and trying to be on camera and Ice calling them out :laugh:

During the Dre segment I was like :ehh: when he was claiming he's only never been in the studio for 2 weeks...drop something then a$$hole.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Just got back from this...pretty dope.

I was reading an article on the making of the doc...and Ice said the original cut was about 4 hours long...hope he releases that version on Blu-Ray/DVD...would love to see that.

I liked the "rawness" of the filming...you had motherfukkers on the street taking pics and trying to be on camera and Ice calling them out :laugh:

During the Dre segment I was like :ehh: when he was claiming he's only never been in the studio for 2 weeks...drop something then a$$hole.

It was funny when Ice lost his temper and told his goons to take care of those cats.

Immortal Technique really surprised me. I thought it was funny how Ice asked Dre about Pac when Pac hated Dre.

Hope all the raps and songs get released as an album and can't wait for the 4 hour blu-ray :ahh: