Someone whos been out of gaming for years needs advice

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Decided I want to buy a system. I need your help coli brehs with letting me know whats the best system and games to get out there.

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
Can you buy older games such as ps1, ps2, ps3 on the 4?
No but sony has a playstation now streaming service that I think is like 10 dollars a month and lets you play some of the popular games from older generation. What games are you trying to play?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
RPG/Fighting/Sports

PS4 = Immediate Buy

Sony runs the FGC now, strong japanese RPG developer support, and multiplatform sports titles as well. Make sure you cop Bloodborne.

Switch = Later

It has some dope titles but if youre not a Nintendo diehard wait. Splatoon and Smash are day ones doe.

Xbox = :trash:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
PS4 = Immediate Buy

Sony runs the FGC now, strong japanese RPG developer support, and multiplatform sports titles as well. Make sure you cop Bloodborne.

Switch = Later

It has some dope titles but if youre not a Nintendo diehard wait. Splatoon and Smash are day ones doe.

Xbox = :trash:

Basically this...

A Switch is a must buy by the time Xmas rolls around. And at $300 its a smaller investment for a system with a really cool niche AND some good games as well.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get PS4 easily since you said Fighting/RPG/Sports while PS4 has the best exclusives.

Switch is also great too if you into Nintendo games.

Xbox One just damn fell off :snoop:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Over all you can't go wrong with a Ps4, especially if you are looking for fighters and rpgs.

If you just trying to get back into it and want to catch up on older games of this gen and want back compat with old xbox games as well as still play newer games then get a xbox used or refurbished xbox along with game pass. You'll be able to play and catch up on a ton of games without as soon as you setup the system.

If money isn't really an issue and you want to play the current latest and greatest then ps4 is your system, however keep in mind that in the next year or so the ps5 is gonna be popping up. So you'll be current for awhile again, but then behind again (if that type of things matters to you)

If you are on the move alot and are a fan of playing games anywhere ( I get alot more gaming done on my switch because I can lay in bed play stop a game and pick the system up in the next day or so and play exactly where i paused it at) and are a fan or enjoy nintendo games get the switch. It would have some of the bigger multi plat games the other two systems have but it does have its strong line up of nintendo stuff as well as a couple of the best rpgs of this gen and a decent amount of fighters surprisingly.

So over all

Ps4

Then switch or Xbox depending on your circumstances

Imo if you have a huge back log of games to play the xbox would be the best and cheapest way to go with game pass. A new xbox is also around the corner so spending massive bread on a brand new system just to "have" to get a new one in like 2 years with the ps4 and xbox would be kind of whack.