Someone school me on sound quality (iTunes vs CD, etc)??

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
I always wondered this which platform has the best sound quality? As far as I know if you cop the physical CD its the highest, whereas Itunes is only in 128 or 160 kbps......

Is Itunes even considered CD quality because its not even in 320kbps?

It's an interesting question that I'd like to know.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
It depends on how you burn the CD in Itunes. When you buy stuff from the Itunes store you don't have a choice

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I tend to prefer to download my music in flac because that's music in lossless format. when I buy CD's and put them on my iPod I covert them to Apple loss less.

some people can't tell the difference... some people can.... I for one can.
plus I didn't spend $1500+ on my car system to listen to scratchy, popping, muddy bass music that was down graded to 160kbps and below.

I wish these mixtape websites had an option to download the music in lossless format.

sent from my phone nikka....

• Dap
Reactions: zoo

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
I tend to prefer to download my music in flac because that's music in lossless format. when I buy CD's and put them on my iPod I covert them to Apple loss less.

some people can't tell the difference... some people can.... I for one can.
plus I didn't spend $1500+ on my car system to listen to scratchy, popping, muddy bass music that was down graded to 160kbps and below.

I wish these mixtape websites had an option to download the music in lossless format.

So what bitrate is iTunes compressed in? 128 or 160 kbps?

And if you burn a mix CD from iTunes is it in CDQ or is it compressed down to 128 or 160 kbps?

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
iTunes is garbage quality, really amazes me that people buy so much off there when not only is it actually easier to find stuff for free most of the time but the quality is way better on an mp3 download (usually minimum of 192) than iTunes which is horrible quality in comparison

I go for V0 when I can, otherwise the lowest I'll go is 192

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
iTunes is garbage quality, really amazes me that people buy so much off there when not only is it actually easier to find stuff for free most of the time but the quality is way better on an mp3 download (usually minimum of 192) than iTunes which is horrible quality in comparison

I go for V0 when I can, otherwise the lowest I'll go is 192

fukk that. 192 sounds noticeably worse to me. I got plenty of HD space and an external HD. I only go for the best quality now since space isn't an issue.:manny: I agree completely with everything else you said though.

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
CD (a physical CD) = WAV = FLAC > 320 MP3 > iTunes AAC > MP3 lower than 256 kbps

Just go with 320 MP3's and iTunes 256 files
coz you won't notice the difference with full CD quality anyway
and you'll be assured that you're listening to good quality shyt
sometimes when you get into low kbps it does sound noticeably worse

hope that helps

maybe a few years ago you'd go with lower bitrates to save space but who really needs to do that now with high storage devices and all that

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
I might be one of the few nikkas that still burns shyt I really like/want to keep to CDRs

I don't feel comfortable walking around with a portable HDD that we all know won't work anymore if I drop it. Imagine having thousands of albums on an HDD/phone/mp3 player only for it to drop once and have it all completely erased

Shammago

By Any Means
Daps
Reppin
Sun rises in the East
Yeah but what happens if your CDRs get scratch or stolen? Then u gotta re burn all of dat shyt. But u still need to have a reliable storage place to keep your music before u burn it. :krs:

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
I might be one of the few nikkas that still burns shyt I really like/want to keep to CDRs

I don't feel comfortable walking around with a portable HDD that we all know won't work anymore if I drop it. Imagine having thousands of albums on an HDD/phone/mp3 player only for it to drop once and have it all completely erased

:wow: nah man are you serious :leostare: :huhldup:

you keep your hard drive at home / just use your built in hard drive for your computer

your phone / mp3 player is just a satellite for the files you have stored away

you could lose all the songs on your ipod and it wouldn't be a big deal you can just re-sync to your library

• Dap
Reactions: Tom

zoo

★★★★★
Daps
CDRs degrade over time anyway. At some point all your CDRs will be useless coasters :huhldup:

From memory Amazon sells its MP3s in 320kbps so is a better choice than iTunes, guess they don't have the same selection though