someone put me on to some recipes for low carb

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
You don't really need low carb to lose weight but...:manny:

Greek Salad with Chicken ... ditch the romaine lettuce and add more cucumber and some avocado.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chopped_greek_salad_with_chicken.html
What's your routine when cutting? I usually low carb because i look more dry, but my energy levels suffer

full

post a recipe tho

nikkas shouldnt be doing low carb, thats a white ppl thing
how do you achieve low %bodyfat?

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
- carb/calorie cycle, high on lift days, low on cardio but ALWAYS stay at or 10-20% under TDEE.
- Rotate HIIT and heavy lifting days.
- Finish both with 30-60 steady state cardio.

With this you should be able to get to 9-10% easy... But don't rely on the scale, get calpers or measure your stomach with a tape measure.

Last edited:

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
- carb/calorie cycle, high on lift days, low on cardio but ALWAYS stay at or 10-20% under TDEE.

With this you should be able to get to 9-10% easy... But don't rely on the scale, get calpers or measure your stomach with a tape measure.
ill read up on all that stuff later

Ohms Law

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Byrd Gang

Lets say im lifting at 12 noon. When do i carb up? For breakfast? The night before? Right before the workout?

amare68

Burr
Daps
Reppin
Sydney
simple you do not need a low carb diet to lose weight..eat a clean 200-250 g carbs and you can stay lean, just takes time

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Lets say im lifting at 12 noon. When do i carb up? For breakfast? The night before? Right before the workout?
You gotta be careful in that regard.

You likely don't need to load on carbs jut for lifting. You likely aren't pushing through that much of your glycogen stores unless you are doing more metcon/cross fit/ross fit type work.

Big picture it's finding that sweet spot of increased carbs that give you the fuel you need. That just comes with experimentation.

As far as lifting at Noon, you could increase the carbs that morning if you eat breakfast. I don't see a general need to do it before that.

Last edited:
Daps
You gotta be careful in that regard.

You likely don't need to load on carbs jut for lifting. You likely aren't pushing through that much of your glycogen stores unless you are doing more metcon/cross fit/ross fit type work.

Big picture it's finding that sweet spot of increased carbs that give you the fuel you need. That just comes with experimentation.

As far as lifting at Noon, you could increase the carbs that morning if you eat breakfast. I don't see a general need to do it before that.

Yeah if you're training at 12 noon, and you have breakfast at say 9 get some carbs in with breakfast, get some Oats in you at breakfast time.

I'd have high protein...eggs etc and then a bowl of porridge.