Some computer advice

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I was looking into getting a used laptop. I found a mint MacBook air 11" for 550 on Craigslist. It's late 2013, i7, 2.2 GHz, 8gb ram, 256 SSD.
That's the size I want and the specs were better than the other ones I seen.
Is it a good deal?
Also I know what the ram and ssd is for but what exactly does the processor do? Is it a big difference between i5 and i7? What is 2.2 GHz and what is that for?
My main usage would be to web surf, maybe stream sometimes and to take online courses.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I was looking into getting a used laptop. I found a mint MacBook air 11" for 550 on Craigslist. It's late 2013, i7, 2.2 GHz, 8gb ram, 256 SSD.
Is it a good deal?
Also I know what the ram and ssd is for but what exactly does the processor do? Is it a big difference between i5 and i7? What is 2.2 GHz and what is that for?
My main usage would be to web surf, maybe stream sometimes and to take online courses.
Get something cheaper, the specs are overkill since youll do basic ass shyt. Your other questions, google can help

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Is it a good deal?
For your uses I recommend getting a windows computer. I love apple products but I openly admit their products are incredibly overpriced. I would only recommend a Mac if you need Mac specific software for any projects you may be working on. I’ve been entertaining the idea of getting a Windows machine after 10 years of Mac loyalty. Programs like Final Cut Pro and Logic X are what keep me on a Mac.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i5 and i7 differences are mainly core count, hyperthreading count, transitor count, virtualization instruction set (which you wont need).
You're better off getting an older i7 than a new i5 basically.

And for what you want to do, I wouldn't go Intel. I would get a good AMD APU. Those are best in socket for the pricepoint because they handle anything gpu accelerated amazingly well (games, video streaming, photoshop, etc)

If you do go intel, get an i5. You dont need an i7.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Get something cheaper, the specs are overkill since youll do basic ass shyt. Your other questions, google can help

I talked him down to 500. I really can't stand any type of lag. I got my daughter a Chromebook and I got impatient with it.

For your uses I recommend getting a windows computer. I love apple products but I openly admit their products are incredibly overpriced. I would only recommend a Mac if you need Mac specific software for any projects you may be working on. I’ve been entertaining the idea of getting a Windows machine after 10 years of Mac loyalty. Programs like Final Cut Pro and Logic X are what keep me on a Mac.

I've never had a Mac before but everybody I know with it sticks with it. And everybody I know who got a Windows has issues with it. I know you can get viruses and shyt on a Mac but I've heard it's less likely than Windows. I'd also want that peace of mind

Dont overpay

How much is that set up worth?

i5 and i7 differences are mainly core count, hyperthreading count, transitor count, virtualization instruction set (which you wont need).
You're better off getting an older i7 than a new i5 basically.

And for what you want to do, I wouldn't go Intel. I would get a good AMD APU. Those are best in socket for the pricepoint because they handle anything gpu accelerated amazingly well (games, video streaming, photoshop, etc)

If you do go intel, get an i5. You dont need an i7.
Honestly I don't understand all those differences you mentioned. I searched on Craigslist and I found a couple of laptops with the same price. I figured the i7 would be better than the i5 because the i5 is better than the i3. Once again I don't know much on these things. Im just trying to get something that doesn't need too much maintenance and runs fast and is reliable.

If the price is the same, what's better, i5 or i7?

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I talked him down to 500. I really can't stand any type of lag. I got my daughter a Chromebook and I got impatient with it.

I've never had a Mac before but everybody I know with it sticks with it. And everybody I know who got a Windows has issues with it. I know you can get viruses and shyt on a Mac but I've heard it's less likely than Windows. I'd also want that peace of mind

How much is that set up worth?

Honestly I don't understand all those differences you mentioned. I searched on Craigslist and I found a couple of laptops with the same price. I figured the i7 would be better than the i5 because the i5 is better than the i3. Once again I don't know much on these things. Im just trying to get something that doesn't need too much maintenance and runs fast and is reliable.

If the price is the same, what's better, i5 or i7?
if you just want a MB and you dont plan on exhausting it too much, I feel thats a solid price point OP. Alot of nikkas gone tell you if you really dont plan on doing NOTHING just get a cheaper laptop, and while there are cheaper laptops that can probably handle nothing better than the one you're looking @, longevity is the name of the game. I been running off of half the space you getting on my MBP for about 3-4 years now and its been manageable.

just think like this: it might be overkill for what you want, but its gonna be overkill that you could use for years after another cheaper windows shyts the bed

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
if you just want a MB and you dont plan on exhausting it too much, I feel thats a solid price point OP. Alot of nikkas gone tell you if you really dont plan on doing NOTHING just get a cheaper laptop, and while there are cheaper laptops that can probably handle nothing better than the one you're looking @, longevity is the name of the game. I been running off of half the space you getting on my MBP for about 3-4 years now and its been manageable.

just think like this: it might be overkill for what you want, but its gonna be overkill that you could use for years after another cheaper windows shyts the bed

This is what I was thinking

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is it a good deal?
I would just get a Chromebook you can accomplish all these things for alot cheaper.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I would just get a Chromebook you can accomplish all these things for alot cheaper.

I got daughter a Chromebook. While I thought it looked nice it did feel a little sluggish. I also want to take online classes and I'm not sure if they're equipped to be able to DL and use any program I might need for that