Solo Leveling Arise (PC/Mobile)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Just played some. Love it. Alot of panels from the comic and cell-shaded action. I haven't tested it with Backbone yet. Can't wait to try it on PC too. I hope I can use the same account.

If you never heard of Solo Leveling then you should give this a shot. The webcomic was lit. 5 stars. The anime is too, I've heard.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I downloaded and played it on PC when I got home. It's not on Steam. The developers have their own launcher which you get from the website I linked above. The game played out the box. Didn't have to setup my xbox controller it already worked. Looks great, sounds great I have no complaints. This manga was based off the concept of videogames so now that its a videogame it makes a GOOD ass videogame cause all the concepts were already there. No confusing stuff going on.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Key quotes from a reviewer who is also a fan of the webtoon.

'Solo Leveling Arise is a perfect game to dive into if you are a fan of the webtoon series. It not only captures the magic of the manhwa but also adds its own set of flair that makes it feel distinct.'

'Sung Jinwoo is the main character of the story and it does not change going forward. What I mean by this is that Solo Leveling Arise takes a unique approach to its gameplay. While most gacha games let go of their beginner character, who is often the protagonist after a while, Jinwoo retains his role as the primary playable character. Everything you will do in the game is to make him stronger. His level also acts as your account level. Sung Jinwoo also gets access to his own set of unique skills and will be the on-field character for most of the main story missions in Solo Leveling Arise. Most of the weapons in the game are also catered to him

The best part about this experience is that playing with Jinwoo never becomes stale. Thanks to his ability to access more jobs as you level up, the gameplay feels fresh and addictive.I will go out and say this. More gacha games need this mechanic as it shows your main character's growth throughout the story. It also feels more natural when they take down powerful enemies during cutscenes.'

'Needless to say, Netmarble did not disappoint with the gameplay of Solo Leveling Arise. A mix of hack-and-slash and party-based mechanics where you need to swap characters to chain out combos is satisfying to pull off, especially when you can time your attacks and devastate your foes.'

'Arise sticks faithfully to the panels of the manhwa. You will experience Sung Jinwoo's rise to power in the main story, while the side stories will focus on minor characters such as Lee Joohee. This might be weird, but I loved the comic panel cutscenes.Voice acting is also fantastic as Netmarble brings the cast of the anime to reprise their role. Aleks Le, one of my favorite voice actors since I played Persona 3 Reload delivers a great performance as Sung Jinwoo. The rest of the cast also does a phenomenal job.'

blah blah blah read the rest in the link. The issues he has is feels like the monetization needs work and sometimes the game freezes.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The loading was pretty miserably bad. Like loading on every single screen.

On top of that, it is NOTORIOUSLY GREEDY. They charge for EVERYTHING.

There is this thing called MINING. You need to do it in order to advance, but you can only do 3 mines at a time (unless you are a subscriber.)

The mines takes 30 minutes to do but you will have dozens open at anytime. If you want to do them all, you must log in every 30 minutes to refresh the next mines. Subscribers get automining.

Additionally, the guaranteed pulls thing is a trap. They are making you pay for the guaranteed roll, but never told you shyt before you did 15 got damn 10 pulls. SHADY AS ALL HELL

Ruined a perfectly good experience.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

There is this thing called MINING. You need to do it in order to advance, but you can only do 3 mines at a time (unless you are a subscriber.)

The mines takes 30 minutes to do but you will have dozens open at anytime. If you want to do them all, you must log in every 30 minutes to refresh the next mines. Subscribers get automining.

Additionally, the guaranteed pulls thing is a trap. They are making you pay for the guaranteed roll, but never told you shyt before you did 15 got damn 10 pulls. SHADY AS ALL HELL

oh word?

*uninstalls*

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps

I got about 2 hours of it before I was gated by keys and couldn't progress unless I paid. Craziest cash grab I've ever seen :mjlol: