Sohh, whats Coli's verdict on Only God Forgives

niguez

All Star
Daps
watched the film for a 3rd time last night and still think its amazing. the cinematography was superb as well.

ONLY-GOD-FORGIVES-ryan-gosling.jpg

Everyone I speak to either hates or loves its, there no inbetween. Apparently it Cannes it was given a standing ovation but many had left half way through.

What are yall thoughts?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I don't really understand what ppl find so special in gosling but his limitations as an actor/emote(r) was appropriate for a movie like this. Personally I loved it the the cinematography/tone/story were tight

One of those flicks like cloud atlas where it's cool to say it was trash

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the formula, I think more movies could adopt it's minimalistic style because most of these Hollywood budget flicks are style over substance anyway. Might as well leave most of the bullshyt aside and focus on the artistic side of things, like cinematography for one. The camera work was amazing

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the formula, I think more movies could adopt it's minimalistic style because most of these Hollywood budget flicks are style over substance anyway. Might as well leave most of the bullshyt aside and focus on the artistic side of things, like cinematography for one. The camera work was amazing

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished it, the movie is great. I appreciated how a large segment of the plot was communicated visually rather than through exposition and dialogue. This is one of those movies that is tailor made for cinema and uses the medium fully rather than typical film that is explained through dialogue as if it were just a surrogate for something you otherwise could have read in a book

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
had a gaspar noe feel like texture but the film was pretty empty in places..but i enjoyed it.
Yeah, this was a love child of Refn and Noe. It's a great looking movie drenched in symbolism, but I mostly appreciate it for being the antithesis to the revenge thriller. A 'victim' who does not deserve avenging, a 'hero' who is a coward, two 'bad guys', one a satan who manipulates the hero, the other a silent god who lets the hero's own guilt lead him to punishment. Straight up brilliant.

Daps
Yeah, this was a love child of Refn and Noe. It's a great looking movie drenched in symbolism, but I mostly appreciate it for being the antithesis to the revenge thriller. A 'victim' who does not deserve avenging, a 'hero' who is a coward, two 'bad guys', one a satan who manipulates the hero, the other a silent god who lets the hero's own guilt lead him to punishment. Straight up brilliant.
More like an abortion of one.