Sohh since I got to watch the Chi, I’ve been catching up on The Homeland

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Spoilers:

I brought Showtime online to watch the Chi, but I also been watching the Homeland too. I must say, they really should’ve just cancelled the show after season 3 when Brodie was hanged. It just fail apart and it became so lackluster afterwards :francis:

Season 4 was a mess and season 5 is worse then that :hhh:

Last edited:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Same. I gave up after season 5 because it had turned into "24: Now with the F Word".

It's like they were completely unaware that Brody (and his storyline) was an integral part of what drew people in and frankly, the glue that held the show together. I never gave too many fukks about Carrie unless it involved Brody tbh. The whole angle of "is he a scapegoat or a spy? Traitor or patriot?" etc is what held my interest.

The show went from having a "national security + terrorism" backdrop with a central, overarching plot with engaging characters, to a belated version of a weak procedural that would've maybe done well on an NBC type network circa 2003.

After he died it just devolved into a series of loosely related plot-points with a played out terrorism angle that no one cares about anymore with an endless stream of "oh Carrie ur just crazy we don't believe u lol, oh wait nvm my bad Carrie u were rite all along" by the season finale.

I don't know who's decision it was to kill Damian Lewis off or why but it was a major fukk up. And I don't think it was the natural conclusion the writers wanted because his death was handled so sloppily and everything that happened in subsequent seasons felt so disjointed and directionless.

And it's just "Homeland" by the way, lol.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Spoilers:

I brought Showtime online to watch the Chi, but I also been watching the Homeland too. I must say, they really should’ve just cancelled the show after season 3 when Brodie was hanged. It just fail apart and it became so lackluster afterwards :francis:

Season 4 was a mess and season 5 is worse then that :hhh:

Same. I gave up after season 5 because it had turned into "24: Now with the F Word".

It's like they were completely unaware that Brody (and his storyline) was an integral part of what drew people in and frankly, the glue that held the show together. I never gave too many fukks about Carrie unless it involved Brody tbh. The whole angle of "is he a scapegoat or a spy? Traitor or patriot?" etc is what held my interest.

The show went from having a "national security + terrorism" backdrop with a central, overarching plot with engaging characters, to a belated version of a weak procedural that would've maybe done well on an NBC type network circa 2003.

After he died it just devolved into a series of loosely related plot-points with a played out terrorism angle that no one cares about anymore with an endless stream of "oh Carrie ur just crazy we don't believe u lol, oh wait nvm my bad Carrie u were rite all along" by the season finale.

I don't know who's decision it was to kill Damian Lewis off or why but it was a major fukk up. And I don't think it was the natural conclusion the writers wanted because his death was handled so sloppily and everything that happened in subsequent seasons felt so disjointed and directionless.

And it's just "Homeland" by the way, lol.

Y'all lost :manny:

shyt has been fire since Brody's death and this season has been pretty good too.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Y'all lost :manny:

shyt has been fire since Brody's death and this season has been pretty good too.
Come on now. The Pakistan season was filled with plot holes. shyt was awful breh.