Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good to see you staying busy. Im working as a software engineer intern full time, while in my free time learning more Hadoop, Angular, Mongo and Node. Its crazy how much my skill level has improved in the two years ive been doing this. There is always something else to learn.

Nothing will ever be as fun as learning all of the data structures the first time though.

that "ah ha!" moment :blessed:

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, Visual Studio is WIDELY used :wtf:
Sidebar/offtopic:
No one take offense - but I pre-judge any devs who primarily program for MS (or any proprietary lang/platform) technologies, because that fact alone reveals so much about what your company's culture and your programming mindset. (I only ask if that dev works at an education, government or financial institution)

I just don't understand how people go to college for 4 years to listen to some asshat talk about CSI, followed by even more efforts to obtain erroneous certificates and training - to only end up sitting at a 9-5 having to wear khaki's and dress shoes.

---

I do like that they forked Atom and made sure the new Visual Studio was available for Linux - it shows a good shift in MS's company culture.

Last edited:

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
Learning java right now. Im in in for the long haul...i dont want to be a developer tho.

Business Analyst.

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
C# is more modern than Java. I don't understand what you're getting at.

I was just being stupid.

Ive Always had an anti Microsoft bias.

Visual Basic, .NET and C# aren't hot in circles I'm in at all. But that's what's so cool about this. A technology that I can laugh off because I've never really been exposed to is being used to do all sorts of amazing things.

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
You gonna be in meetings all damn day
Im coming from a 10 plus year career in management to driving limo...im use to meetings...i cant code all day. I heard from this guy who is a project manager that his boss makes 400 dollars an hour.
:wow:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Slowly, but surely starting to get a hold of backbone.js... I've also been playing with knockout.js and I love it so far. So simple to use. I was thinking of picking up angular some time, but considering 2.0 is coming out and isn't backwards compatible with current versions, I think I'll hold off.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Slowly, but surely starting to get a hold of backbone.js... I've also been playing with knockout.js and I love it so far. So simple to use. I was thinking of picking up angular some time, but considering 2.0 is coming out and isn't backwards compatible with current versions, I think I'll hold off.

We have a couple of projects that use Angular....I havent had a chance to get into it...my projects im on are just using Javascript MVC