Society is odd

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I'm just sitting here thinking

:jbhmm:
Chicago is sitting at 288 murders for the year [source = https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016-chicago-murders/explore-data] with this month of June seeing 252 shootings. in May Chicago saw 397 shooting victims [source = http://wgntv.com/2016/06/01/chicago-murder-rate-jumps-in-may-2016-compared-to-may-2015/] yet, I don't hear any politicians truly mentioning and speaking on the issue. I don't see any rallies or vigils (outside of Chicago) being held, or anything compared to the amount of care and concern this nation has shown for the victims of the florida night club shooting.

I don't think it's a color thing as there were Blacks who were killed in the night club incident, but got damn... why does the nation care about club goers more than a city of youth offing each other?

Maybe if they care about Chicago they have to care about Detroit? maybe if they care about Detroit they have to care about Jersey, and so forth and so on. sometimes I feel like society is populated by a bunch of fake motherfukkers who only care when they are told to, or fringe care to fit in and be part of the 'group'.

smh, fukk is wrong with this society?

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
smh, fukk is wrong with this society?
Race of the people involved and zip code. If bodies were dropping at such a rate in certain zip codes, well, you already know. :francis:It's the way of the world, unfortunately. Drug addiction wasn't a real a problem until it started affecting certain people. :mjpls:Until then, the argument was "just say no." :mjpls:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was said that the killer was trying to spare some blacks because and I quote "blacks have suffered enough".

Like someone mentioned, people look at Chicago and say "Oh that's just a bad area, too bad for them".

The Orlando incident and most mass shootings are just on a large scare that they are so startling and people get the feeling that they aren't safe anywhere....even in the 'safe' parts.