So this battle is exposing Drake chooses to be Mya,when he could be Sade.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No disrespect to Mya s.k.a the baby hair that healed a nation. A pop princess ,legendary dancer in her own right. Not particularly great vocally like Drake. Even excelled at doing a danchall track like Drake(Girls Dem Sugar with Beenie Man).

But this battle is showing that Drake is choosing to make "My Love is Like Whoa",with songs like Tootsie Slide,Hotline Bling. Even though he has the capacity to make songs like Ordinary Love,By Your Side.

Dont get me wrong,I like some of his love songs/pop records. But those are songs that could be made and given to anybody.

If you have the capacity for bars,why arent you rapping all out for most of your albums. This is the same knock that many people have on Jay. But Jay wasnt nearly as watered down. Or maybe his watered down was just way more potent than Drakes watered down.

So while I was just about to give him extra credit legacy wise, for what he did with this battle for hiphop. I then remembered its also a reason to subtract more points. Lets call it a wash.

• Haha
Reactions: b_b

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"The baby hair that healed a nation"

dwillhuh-to-mjlol.gif