So these are the official unofficial numbers for next gen

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
With the current round of leaks it's clear these numbers I'm about to post are the final numbers with imo Xbox still trying to decide how low or high they wanna counter with :francis:

The PlayStation 5 will launch on November 20th with the Blu-ray edition costing $500 and the all digital edition at $400. I couldn't see Sony standing a chance at anything higher so perfect pricing for them imo. It'll launch in Japan only a week earlier. Preorders go up on September 9th which is the 25yr anniversary of PlayStation.

The Xbox series x as you all know made it clear they did not want to be undercut by Sony again in pricing so expect the series x to launch at $500 or less but not likely because the series x has all the bells and whistles so to speak. At $600 it's a steal so at 500 it's hard to pass up. The series s will likely be $300 or cheaper but $300 by my guess. What will make that system even more attractive is the fact it'll perform closer to ps5 than you'd expect. For instance if they ps5 isn't strong enough to run a game in 4k it'll run in a resolution that the series x can likely match or come close to. And allegedly can do certain task better since it's still using next gen technologies.

So $500 & $400 for Sony and $500 & $300 for Xbox

But there's an elephant that needs to be addressed here and now. I think it's now clear that you don't need an Xbox moving forward. Well, you don't need an Xbox series s unless it's really impressive. Microsoft says you'll need a series x if you want the best graphics/etc and that's true this year. Next year series x is how powerful the cloud will be so graphical fidelity will be based on your connection but home wifi should be able to handle it relatively easy. So real spit, you won't need a console. You just need a screen. Yes, you can get a PC and just stream and it's current gen quality. All smart TVs will get the gamepass app in the near future so you won't even need a PC to play. Literally no reason to buy an Xbox one anymore unless you don't have home internet. And if you don't have reliable internet then consoles isn't your priority. Infact you not even reading this since you not online.....

If you not pressed for the best, then get gamepass. If you wanna stream games not in gamepass then you will need a console for now. But logically speaking they could easily create a way for the cloud to host your "library" and once that's realized by the masses, then there will be no real need for physical systems. I didn't go to e3 to see this future, I can achieve these things right now flawless on 4g on T-Mobile and was pretty much flawless on budget metro pcs 4g when I tried it out perviously. The cloud has finally come back..... To the equation :blessed:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why would there be a $200 discrepancy between the Series S and Series X?

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
Why would there be a $200 discrepancy between the Series S and Series X?

xbox trying to undercut Sony specially during this pandemic, more people would be able to afford a $300 console . That’s my assumption tho .

And I’ll be copping the PS5 for $500 two controllers .

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
xbox trying to undercut Sony specially during this pandemic, more people would be able to afford a $300 console . That’s my assumption tho .

And I’ll be copping the PS5 for $500 two controllers .

I get the price war, but a $200 difference between the same console generation is a stretch. For that difference and the rumored specs of both consoles you might as well continue to push the Xbox One S along with the Series X and forget about a Series S altogether.

You know... You're right. $249.99 it is with the possibility of even 199.99. If they wanna be a serious problem.

How much do you think the discrepancy should be?

I don't see why they would buck from the $100 price difference.

We haven't seen electronics with a $200 discrepancy between two skus of the same generation unless there was another sku involved somehow. From a marketing standpoint, it becomes more difficult as you begin to sell to two different audiences. Selling $300 vs $500 are going to bring in two types of consumers. The 360 arcade and 1st gen PS3 20GB didn't sell well and were eventually discontinued.

With the rumored specs of the Series S, why sell the thing at a similar price of the One S? Especially since all Xbox games are going to be compatible across all consoles. You might as well continue to sell the One S along with the Series X and forgot about a Series S to begin with. Unless you decide to drop the One S another $100, but how do you justify another Series X? Do you gimp the Series S and make it very similar to the One S? Or do you keep it similar, but less powerful than the Series X, but then somehow have to justify the big price difference to your consumer base?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I get the price war, but a $200 difference between the same console generation is a stretch. For that difference and the rumored specs of both consoles you might as well continue to push the Xbox One S along with the Series X and forget about a Series S altogether.

I don't see why they would buck from the $100 price difference.

We haven't seen electronics with a $200 discrepancy between two skus of the same generation unless there was another sku involved somehow. From a marketing standpoint, it becomes more difficult as you begin to sell to two different audiences. Selling $300 vs $500 are going to bring in two types of consumers. The 360 arcade and 1st gen PS3 20GB didn't sell well and were eventually discontinued.

With the rumored specs of the Series S, why sell the thing at a similar price of the One S? Especially since all Xbox games are going to be compatible across all consoles. You might as well continue to sell the One S along with the Series X and forgot about a Series S to begin with. Unless you decide to drop the One S another $100, but how do you justify another Series X? Do you gimp the Series S and make it very similar to the One S? Or do you keep it similar, but less powerful than the Series X, but then somehow have to justify the big price difference to your consumer base?
Prepare to be amazed then because it'll be $200 or more