So Sunscreen….

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I was coming here to ask what the natural alternative is regardless of what the OP was but now I'm defintely gonna ask. I prefer just to use natural products like Shea butter. Cocunut oil etc. Somethings that not heavily processed but good for the skin. Might ask chatgpt

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Several natural products have sun-protective properties and can act as natural sunscreens. Here are some notable examples:

1. Aloe Vera: Known for its soothing properties, aloe vera can help protect the skin from sun damage.
  2. Coconut Oil: Contains SPF properties and can provide mild sun protection.
  3. Shea Butter: Provides some degree of sun protection and is also great for moisturizing the skin.
  4. Carrot Seed Oil: Known for its high SPF, carrot seed oil is one of the best natural sunscreens.
  5. Raspberry Seed Oil: Contains high levels of antioxidants and has an SPF value similar to titanium dioxide, a common ingredient in commercial sunscreens.
  6. Jojoba Oil: Offers mild sun protection and is great for skin hydration.
  7. Avocado Oil: Rich in vitamins and provides moderate sun protection.
  8. Green Tea Extract: Contains polyphenols that can help protect the skin from UV radiation.
  9. Olive Oil: Offers some protection against UV rays due to its antioxidant properties.
  10. Beeswax: When combined with other oils, beeswax can provide a protective barrier on the skin against the sun.
While these natural products can offer some level of sun protection, they are generally not a substitute for commercial sunscreens, which are rigorously tested and formulated to provide consistent and reliable protection. If you plan to be in the sun for extended periods, it’s important to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Get sunscreens with zinc oxide or titanium oxide. You need products that will reflect uv rays back off of you or absorb them and transform them into heat.

Trust acoustic guitar playing cacs posting news articles from the early 2010s.

If you want natural alternatives look to see what people did back home, wearing clothes of indigo or covering themselves with clay ochre. But still, I don't know what the skin cancer percentage is in those populations, and what they have been over time.

Be careful of thinking the past was all that. You could get stuck there.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Several natural products have sun-protective properties and can act as natural sunscreens. Here are some notable examples:

1. Aloe Vera: Known for its soothing properties, aloe vera can help protect the skin from sun damage.
  2. Coconut Oil: Contains SPF properties and can provide mild sun protection.
  3. Shea Butter: Provides some degree of sun protection and is also great for moisturizing the skin.
  4. Carrot Seed Oil: Known for its high SPF, carrot seed oil is one of the best natural sunscreens.
  5. Raspberry Seed Oil: Contains high levels of antioxidants and has an SPF value similar to titanium dioxide, a common ingredient in commercial sunscreens.
  6. Jojoba Oil: Offers mild sun protection and is great for skin hydration.
  7. Avocado Oil: Rich in vitamins and provides moderate sun protection.
  8. Green Tea Extract: Contains polyphenols that can help protect the skin from UV radiation.
  9. Olive Oil: Offers some protection against UV rays due to its antioxidant properties.
  10. Beeswax: When combined with other oils, beeswax can provide a protective barrier on the skin against the sun.
While these natural products can offer some level of sun protection, they are generally not a substitute for commercial sunscreens, which are rigorously tested and formulated to provide consistent and reliable protection. If you plan to be in the sun for extended periods, it’s important to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF.

Anything that’s not so oily? I can’t stand oil skin.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai

not gonna totally dismiss some sort of sun protection cause I was :wtf: the few times like in Florida where the sun was so hot the skin on my nose was peeling. I'm also not gonna trust white people and put chemicals on my skin fukking with my Melanin. I'm gonna rock with whats worked for black people historically. My skin is in good condition and all I use is black soap, shea butter and coconut oil

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I've had the black peel off my damn body fishing during an overcast. I'll take my chances

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I've had the black peel off my damn body fishing during an overcast. I'll take my chances
A relative got sunburned once at the beach. We were astonished. I was only a kid, but the only one who knew what to do cuz I read 17 magazine and shyt, lol.

I wonder if it's the effect of the sun PLUS the reflectiveness of the water. :jbhmm:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
A relative got sunburned once at the beach. We were astonished. I was only a kid, but the only one who knew what to do cuz I read 17 magazine and shyt, lol.

I wonder if it's the effect of the sun PLUS the reflectiveness of the water. :jbhmm:
The sun wasn't even beaming like that. It was cloudy as hell. Couldnt see the sun. Rays still pouring through those clouds cooking. Nice tan I had just peeled off and looked like cooked chicken skin

20200703_145851.jpg

Normally
20240806_074457.jpg

Last edited: