So Seinfeld was biting Living Single too :ohhh:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
We already know that Friends was basically a white version of Living Single. But I saw an episode this morning that I had never seen before where Regine moved into a new apartment and her new neighbors were all dopplegangers of the cast just like the Bizarro Jerry episode of Seinfeld... :ohhh:

Here's the full episode:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hard to judge which one aired first? Also I am sur3 other sitcoms did the same thing before either of those shows.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Classic, didn’t know shorty from sister sister was Kim’s sister.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Hard to judge which one aired first? Also I am sur3 other sitcoms did the same thing before either of those shows.
Actually very easy to judge lol. The Living Single episode came out a year before. And if you can name another sitcom that did it, then go ahead...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
to keep it funky though, until I saw a mag article pointing it out never noticed that

Cole=George Costanza.....short living at home with parents
Tommy=Kramer.......... tall and nobody knows what he does for living

living single was young version of golden girls.....airhead, sex crazy . main star..and short fiesty character
you're biggie and he's puffy

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Anybody here old enough to have watched entire run of "What's Happening?"

If so, you should remember the episode where Roger wrote an episode for a tv , network rejected it......he watched the next airing and it was EXACTLY what the plot of his episode was?

then when he confronted them, they proved to him that they aired the EXACT same plot on previous shows for years and years. tv shows....recycle and copy ideas all the time especially when they don't think they share audiences with the other show...or they slightly alter something if they do share audience

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Like 95% of sitcom plots are recycled breh.

Hell Seinfeld itself was revolutionary because Larry David didn't watch sitcoms so most of the plots were original...but as a result it wound up just rewriting the book and every sitcom afterwards started copying it:mjlol:

Last edited:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's fairly common to copy other shows, s
Someone actually made the comparison between living single and sex in the city, if you can find it.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
We already know that Friends was basically a white version of Living Single. But I saw an episode this morning that I had never seen before where Regine moved into a new apartment and her new neighbors were all dopplegangers of the cast just like the Bizarro Jerry episode of Seinfeld... :ohhh:

Here's the full episode:

Breh, its in the name, they were obviously going for a Superman inspired concept.