So most of Sub Sahara Africa conflicts stem from the colonial periods borders

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
https://www.wcl.american.edu/humright/center/rwanda/jigsaw1.pdf

They live thier lives and kill each other based on borders created by the colonial period . They have always had tribes but never as much animosity before it.

Why do they continue to live this way ? It makes no sense to me. Killing each other based on how a white man divided the land that you all ready had claim to.

A lot share the same traditions and ethnic languages but will kill each other over rescources and land that both have a right to.

They need to create their own borders based off their tribes and where they came from . They should not care how a white man views them based on something so trivial as height, size of nose, and color of eyes . The things im reading right now have me like WTF

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am going to go out on a limb and say that a lot of the conflict has nothing to do with national borders, because most of these ethnic groups have been living beside each other and intermarrying for thousands of years.

My hunch is that most of the conflicts in Africa over the last 500 years have stemmed from just plain old greed. The Biafran War in Nigeria back in the 1960's while it looked like persecution of the Igbo by the Hausa and Fulani people; when you peeled back the layers the war was really just over oil. The Igbos were sitting on it and Hausa-Fulani wanted it and they had means to take it thanks to the White man (the English). Btw, it was the White man that created that horrible hodge-podge country called Nigeria to begin with.

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
I am going to go out on a limb and say that a lot of the conflict has nothing to do with national borders, because most of these ethnic groups have been living beside each other and intermarrying for thousands of years.

My hunch is that most of the conflicts in Africa over the last 500 years have stemmed from just plain old greed. The Biafran War in Nigeria back in the 1960's while it looked like persecution of the Igbo by the Hausa and Fulani people; when you peeled back the layers the war was really just over oil. The Igbos were sitting on it and Hausa-Fulani wanted it and they had means to take it thanks to the White man (the English). Btw, it was the White man that created that horrible hodge-podge country called Nigeria to begin with.

Did you click the link, its proof that it is from colonizing . They never saw eye to eye on a lot of things but it was never on the scale of genocide . I think the white people knew they didnt like each other and used that against them.

They added fuel to that fire when they showed them what the resources they were sitting on were worth , moving tribes in areas they didnt belong and making a ethnic group seem better than the other

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did you click the link its proof that it is from colonizing .

There was ethnic conflict long before colonization. Other than Civil War in Africa; it was mostly ethnic conflict over several hundred years that fed slavery. And slavery was strictly based upon greed.

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
There was ethnic conflict long before colonization. Other than Civil War in Africa; it was mostly ethnic conflict over several hundred years that fed slavery. And slavery was strictly based upon greed.

I said this in my original post but it was not as bad or on a big of a scale as now

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I said this in my original post but it was not as bad or on a big of a scale as now

It wasn't? It previously lasted for about 300 years and it caused millions of people their lives and it caused millions of other people to be put into slavery. Kingdoms literally fell because of ethnic conflict (see the Fon people of Dahomey and the Yoruba people of Oyo) and the Europeans were there to buy the war prisoners; whom they put into slavery.

Daps
https://www.wcl.american.edu/humright/center/rwanda/jigsaw1.pdf

They live thier lives and kill each other based on borders created by the colonial period . They have always had tribes but never as much animosity before it.

Why do they continue to live this way ? It makes no sense to me. Killing each other based on how a white man divided the land that you all ready had claim to.

A lot share the same traditions and ethnic languages but will kill each other over rescources and land that both have a right to.

They need to create their own borders based off their tribes and where they came from . They should not care how a white man views them based on something so trivial as height, size of nose, and color of eyes . The things im reading right now have me like WTF
i'm sure these borders play a role but i doubt it's that simple...black on black violence happens all over the world including where borders aren't an issue in the bloodshed and i feel it's a sign of weakness..the conflicting parties are too fragile or cowardly to confront the real enemy so they take out their misplaced aggression in deadly ways on each other/those they think they have a chance to win against..the way Africans will go Hotel Rwanda on rival tribes over resources or political differences while giving exist populations of foreign invaders and oppresors a pass. should tell yo all you need to know...i remember reading how Europeans cacs during WW1 or maybe it was WW2 had Africans from their colonies fighting/killign eachother like modern mandingo slave warriors in support of their master's colonial borders:scust:as a whole many blacks are bytchmade and self destructive...i's a hard truth i've come to realize:yeshrug:.

Last edited:

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
It wasn't? It previously lasted for about 300 years and it caused millions of people their lives and it caused millions of other people to be put into slavery. Kingdoms literally fell because of ethnic conflict (see the Fon people of Dahomey and the Yoruba people of Oyo) and the Europeans were there to buy the war prisoners; whom they put into slavery.

There was never evil in Africa on the scale of what King Leopold did to the Congo. Slavery has been on this earth since forever it is not something that has only happened to Africans , but the europeans made it into a race issue because they felt Africans were inferior which is even worse and took slavery of black people worldwide to the point where if I google slavery all I will see is black faces.

When I say scale , I mean all of Sub Sahara Africa's tribes were not at war with each other or had internal conflicts like they do now. It is even stated in my link that the Tutsi and Hutus at one point lived peacefully with each other but they still did not see eye to eye on everything , It was amplified by europeans. They never were commiting acts of genocide like what happened in Rwanda. A lot of those ethnic groups practiced the same religions and spoke the same language.

No reason at all that Africans should still be living by borders created by their colonizers and still practicing tribalism in 2016.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
There was never evil in Africa on the scale of what King Leopold did to the Congo. Slavery has been on this earth since forever it is not something that has only happened to Africans , but the europeans made it into a race issue because they felt Africans were inferior which is even worse and took slavery of black people worldwide to the point where if I google slavery all I will see is black faces.

When I say scale , I mean all of Sub Sahara Africa's tribes were not at war with each other or had internal conflicts like they do now. It is even stated in my link that the Tutsi and Hutus at one point lived peacefully with each other but they still did not see eye to eye on everything , It was amplified by europeans. They never were commiting acts of genocide like what happened in Rwanda. A lot of those ethnic groups practiced the same religions and spoke the same language.

No reason at all that Africans should still be living by borders created by their colonizers and still practicing tribalism in 2016.

Once WW3 kicks off and the usa gets peaced out. Borders around the world will be changing...

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It was amplified by Europeans because it was something for them (the Europeans) to gain. If they can keep black people fighting each other then that means that Black people will not get around to fighting White people and White people will have continued license to steal. So White people will pay off one set of Black people to fight another set of Black people (divided and conquered). So one set of Black people has something to fight for with is financial gain. Look at history. Dig down a little deeper. You are going to see that one group of nikkas are being paid to keep other black people down.

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
It was amplified by Europeans because it was something for them (the Europeans) to gain. If they can keep black people fighting each other then that means that Black people will not get around to fighting White people and White people will have continued license to steal. So White people will pay off one set of Black people to fight another set of Black people (divided and conquered). So one set of Black people has something to fight for with is financial gain. Look at history. Dig down a little deeper. You are going to see that one group of nikkas are being paid to keep other black people down.

Even tho we argue I like these discussions, I'm learning more and more about pre colonial african history it is very interesting to me. Was reading another thread about the Kingdom of Kongo and I cant get enough of their history with the portuguese.