So just came from the clinic

King & Duck

Banned
Daps
My girl just had an abortion (we're too young.. Not ready for parenthood etc)

At the clinic, she wouldn't talk to me and said that she wanted space..

We don't live together.. But ladies, am i right in saying that i need to at least text her to ask if she's alright?

If so, when would be the best time to do this?

Or do i need to be hoh and wait for her to contact me?

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Abortions are often traumatic for most women of all ages. Reach out to her and ask if she's ok and if she needs you to bring her anything. She may just need time to heal and process. Be there for her.

King & Duck

Banned
Daps
Go visit her, take her some food, and give a massage
If i visit, she will not open the door.. She made it clear that she wants to be alone to bleed peacefully.. So i will respect that

She was mad at me at the clinic.. and me asking questions to find out what's wrong only made things worse

Abortions are often traumatic for most women of all ages. Reach out to her and ask if she's ok and if she needs you to bring her anything. She may just need time to heal and process. Be there for her.
I think she just needs time to heal and she'll be back at work on Monday

I will text to ask if she's okay.. then ask her to contact me when she feels ready

Apart from that, what's a brotha to do?

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Wow. She has a lot to process physically and emotionally.

Not to get preachy but you seem like you are truly concerned BUT at the same time sounding like she went to get her tonsils out or something.

Im sure you both discussed it and came to the conclusion that a termination was best... All mature and rational.

Did you guys take the emotional impact into consideration? Sorry to be blunt but you guys basically ended the life of someone you conceived... Thats a lot to handle and process. Guilt and blame may even come into play.

I hope she got or will get some counseling.

Sorry to say all this OP. Am sure its alreay crossed your mind... But I couldn't answer honestly without saying it.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
edit: just read your 2nd post.....just let her have her space, bro. when she is ready then go pay her visit, ask her if she is doing ok and just cuddle and spend some quality time with her.

Last edited:

King & Duck

Banned
Daps
Did you guys take the emotional impact into consideration? Sorry to be blunt but you guys basically ended the life of someone you conceived... Thats a lot to handle and process. Guilt and blame may even come into play.
Do you have any suggestion on what i can do to mitigate these feelings?

I am not a councilor but as @Poitier suggested, all I can think of doing is listening to her when she comes around

edit: just read your 2nd post.....just let her have her space, bro. when she is ready then go pay her visit, ask her if she is doing ok and just cuddle and spend some quality time with her.
Thanks bro.. I appreciate you..

I must say that I expected plenty of troll posts coming from the coli.. but y'all have been brilliant.. Thank you

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Do you have any suggestion on what i can do to mitigate these feelings

Honestly I don't know.

But I suggest just letting her know that you are in it with her. That she is not going through it alone and is not feeling it alone.

Let her grieve. Its not a small a thing as you think

Counseling?

Last edited: