So is Ray Donovan even worth watching anymore?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:

Basically caught up on all my shows except for Ray.

But I haven't heard anyone talk about it at all this summer.
I kinda figured this shyt has jumped the shark.

Has it?

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Yes.....
tumblr_muuqsakhNP1sjo07yo1_500.gif

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i dropped it

show is solid but it can be boring at times(the episodes seem so long)

we all know Ray coming out with the W at the end of the season so it kinda makes everything that happens during the season pointless and there is no endgame that the show is working towards

shyt just became repetitive like most of Showtimes show but its still solid and no it hasnt "jumped the shark"

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I still watch it, it's entertaining despite being so ridiculous and becoming too much of a gangster show as opposed to Ray being a Hollywood fixer.

I think of it as sort of a generic, campy version of Sopranos. They have similar characters and a similar basic plotline. The lead is a violent criminal with a horrible family upbringing, the wife who does little but enjoy the lifestyle and usually just accept that her husband fukks anything with a hole. The kids are bratty (Meadow is much more attractive than Bridget) and the son is pretty useless.

The acting is strong, especially from Jon Voight, Liev Schrieber (it took me awhile to realize he does all those HBO 24/7 boxing documentaries), Eddie Marsan (Terry) and Dash Mihok (Bunchy). Hank Azaria is great too.

Avi and Lena are dope characters. Avi probably became my favorite because of his loyalty to Ray and how incredibly proud he was to take a dikk pic. Steven Bauer always playing the loyal sidekick. In real life he's like 60 and has an 18 year old GF. Not quite :sitdown: status but close.

I think the episode that really is the prime example of just how outrageous and campy it is was the episode One Night in Yerevan when Ray tries to get his friend, an Armenian pop star, to help him with his issues with the Armenian Mafia as they have beef with Mick. She refuses to help her friend Ray, because the US does not recognize the Armenian Genocide.

So to try to appease her, he goes to Balkie from Perfect Strangers and asks him let her go on his talk show and perform her song about the Armenian Genocide. Balkie doesn't want to, so Ray threatens to release photos of Balkie sticking his dikk in a glory hole.

The singer is now satisfied that she was able to perform her song about the genocide, so she will return the favor for Ray. Meanwhile, Ray and Mick are in a confrontation with the Armenians at their headquarters, and it's about to result in a gunfight. Suddenly, the pop singer enters the unlocked door, walks in, and restores order and the gunfight promptly ends.

She then proceeds to take photos with the Armenian Mob.

:mjlol: