So in a marrige men are supposed to pay all the bills?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Its not about the relationship, it’s about the family.

She is supposed to be holding down the house and children.

That’s way more than a full time jobs worth of work.

If she wants to go out, be a career woman, refuse to cook, and doesn’t want children, then yeah she needs to be paying half, but why would you marry someone like that in the first place?
Man please, It's a lot of kids watching tv in a dirty ass house. Being a stay at home mom will never be more difficult than actually working, because housewives have the benefit of being at home.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I don't know any regular middle class couples who live like this nor any middle class women who legitimately EXPECT to live like this (emphasis on legitimate because bytches on social media will say anything). With a few exceptions, we all living in the same day and age and the reality of life in 2021 is that the majority of households have two working partners. It's damn near a necessity for people who want to live comfortably in most major metropolitan areas.

You're basically arguing with a strawman.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
6-A9-BAB2-F-AA98-4-D2-F-8993-5424-FF1-B082-E.png

women I have it good. just take care of the house and errands and you set

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
Thank you, this.

In a good relationship, you should both have something to lose. You being a provider while she "holds down the home" isn't always equal an equal tradeoff - a lot of women get married and have kids as a come up.

Also, this is why it's important as a man to get in the gym, be attractive, fukk her good, etc. Gives her a few more reasons to not want to leave.

Exactly, she needs to sacrifice as much as you are.

I don't think every relationship should automically be like this, but this is why some guys want their wives to be submissive. It's an equal tradeoff. If I'm providing financially for you, protection you, and having to be tough and stoic, who really has the power in the relationship?

It's like BDSM. The submissive has the power, assuming the dominant is not a bad guy.

That's why she needs to go the extra mile. And some women, if they really value you, will have no problem wanting to go the extra mile with you.

Church. Im reading Lawrence Otis Graham's book Out Kind of People about the wealthiest black families, Jack and Jill type organizations, etc. and so far every single one of those women are some type of accomplished medical professional, attorney, etc. In addition to handling domestic affairs and running orgs.

People need to read that book and see how those folks move (Besides the classism/colorism) to understand the true purpose of marriage. Family lineage, connections, and wealth transfer to offspring.

Women married to smart, wealthy men who are part of a social class like that wouldn't even contemplate divorce because they'd be giving up alot more than just a relationship. All about sacrifice.

What is she bringing to the table to elevate the family.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I don't know any regular middle class couples who live like this nor any middle class women who legitimately EXPECT to live like this (emphasis on legitimate because bytches on social media will say anything). With a few exceptions, we all living in the same day and age and the reality of life in 2021 is that the majority of households have two working partners. It's damn near a necessity for people who want to live comfortably in most major metropolitan areas.

You're basically arguing with a strawman.
This

wastedmermaid

Superstar
Daps
nikkas still think this is the 60s and 70s. Unless you’re making $200k+ nobody has money to pay all bills and in some cases even that isn’t enough.
I’m saying..unless these nikkas live in the backwoods of Mississippi somewhere, with the cost of living skyrocketing and salaries not keeping pace I couldn’t imagine supporting an entire family of 4-5 off one paycheck in or around any decent sized metro area.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
My dad pays for damn near everything except my mamas car note, and she used his credit co-sign to get the car so it’s a small ass note. My mom does her thing, though. She’s a teachers assistant now, but she stayed home and raised my siblings and I, as well as kept the home up. She also buys my dad his clothes cause he doesn’t shop at all lol.

I don’t know if I want it like that, but with the salary I make, I wouldn’t mind paying most the bills, and I already know I’ll handle the heavy duty ones. I want a decent sized fam, so I know ima need her home for a good chunk. I ain’t really after a career woman to be honest

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
If I were working, I would still expect my husband to technically pay the bills with our money from a shared account. I don’t want to deal with the finances but he’s very responsible.

:yeshrug: I’m not good with bills. I have a bad habit of paying notices so Im not responsible for the bills anymore.

is that what you mean?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Pay all the bills, take you on vacations, out to eat, fancy dates, car note and still have $50k in savings?:mjlol:

And woman are responsible for what?

Cook, make sure that food is always warm, clean, take care of the kids, no stepping out, and give up that p*ssy and head on command. No questions asked.