So in a marrige men are supposed to pay all the bills?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Ain't no submissive woman paying 50/50 anything no matter the culture/upbringing/race. Unless ya game is on point (most ain't).

75/25 to me is perfect.
But also ppl need to do whats best to get what they want. If u scared go to church

Then let the institution of marriage PERISH because of stubborn behavior.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Its all in the pool. I bring in what I bring in she brings in what she brings in. We spend what we spend on mortgage and other bills. With a huge chunk leftover every month. We are a combined healthy six figure household. We all comfortable, it's not even a question of who pays what is how we look at it. WE just pay it
Dope. Teamwork make the dream work. How long yall been married

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My girl don't even know the log in and passwords to the cable/internet, water/gas, power. She don't even have the login to pay for the house if something happens to me.

I did the 50/50 thing for a while but I make an assload more than she does. It ain't even worth the hassle.

She does pay for half the house though.

DON MA MA

Midnight
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
Then let the institution of marriage PERISH because of stubborn behavior.

Tbh marriage for majority of its existence has been only for ppl that can afford it. Everybody (common folk) getting married is a recent development in history. It aint for everybody and it's going back to its origins.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Yes a husband is the head of the table, and having those "titles" comes with responsibilities

Once you wear them pants you damn sure better have the shoes and shirt to match, once I'm married I'll take joy in knowing I'm providing for my wife and kids, and feeding them, and protecting them from harm so that my wife won't have to worry and my kids will have a positive figure to look up to and respect

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
Listen to bytches who don’t know what a healthy relationship looks like brehs
Or understands COL and Inflation in the year 2021 brehs

Most working class households that have children and debt. Cannot afford to just depend on one income. Maybe it is possible in a small rural town, but in most major cities, no.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
If yall do go the marriage route, make sure the woman has something to lose. She should already have some education making decent money, and yall should be splitting bills. If you want her to go the homemaker route, make her work her ass off and make that shyt temporary.

You simps letting women be in marriages without sacrificing are in for some shyt

Thank you, this.

In a good relationship, you should both have something to lose. You being a provider while she "holds down the home" isn't always equal an equal tradeoff - a lot of women get married and have kids as a come up.

Also, this is why it's important as a man to get in the gym, be attractive, fukk her good, etc. Gives her a few more reasons to not want to leave.

Meh. Taking care of ur woman and family is how things are supposed to work. I have no issues with that.

The problem is, in this country, if u don’t require ur woman to bring something “not easy” to the table, you’re asking to get fuccked. She can leave anytime and the law will mandate u to fund her lifestyle.

so those of u guys spoiling ur women and she’s not doing anything serious in return, y’all better be careful out there. Her fuccking u should never be viewed as “the” reward.

If ur woman isn’t willingly cooking for u, constantly reminding u “hun we don’t need to go out to eat as much. I can cook for us.”, is not cleaning ur house for u, always wanting to be out and about on ur dime, yea, she ain’t the one.

Exactly, she needs to sacrifice as much as you are.

I don't think every relationship should automically be like this, but this is why some guys want their wives to be submissive. It's an equal tradeoff. If I'm providing financially for you, protection you, and having to be tough and stoic, who really has the power in the relationship?

It's like BDSM. The submissive has the power, assuming the dominant is not a bad guy.

That's why she needs to go the extra mile. And some women, if they really value you, will have no problem wanting to go the extra mile with you.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I know, when I was married I was paying

Mortgage
Water
Cable
Internet
Gas
Electricity
Groceries.

She took care of cleaning, laundry and kids Activities and clothes. I'm sure I paid far more. That's why when we split up, she had a hard time paying her bills even with me kicking her child support each month.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Maybe y’all’s but not mine. I don’t need someone to “take care of the house”. I work remotely and am here all day, its not that hard.

Couldn’t image sponsoring a whole adult who expects to live off me for free:manny:

This. It's not always as back breaking as they make it out to be.

My wife and I communicated what our expectations were BEFORE we got married. Only issue we had, early-on, was who'd be responsible for paying the bills. She agreed before we got married that I'd control the money, but, after about a year and a half, she started expressing dissatisfaction with how the money was being used. My solution: made her responsible for paying ALL the bills. After a couple months, the stress overtook her and she begged me to take over.

No disagreements about money after that.

Your experience may differ.​

People also need to discuss what roles they are going to play in the relationship.

Yeah. We need to normalize discussions about the "plan" for the relationship.

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And yet I'm always confused on here when a lot of yall criticize dudes that don't date high maintenance dimes. These are the women a lot of yall like but thats the price tag that comes with it. Find yourself a low key woman that lives in reality and you'll be good

Personality over looks