So I went to the Aerosmith concert last night...

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I hit a lick...this girl I know had an extra VIP ticket, so I went with her.

...all I will say is "WOW!"

When you hear ppl say "they don't make em like that anymore" in regards to these older bands, it's true.

Steven Tyler is probably 65. Dude is AMAZING. I was like :wtf: I was expecting his voice to be cracking or aging, him to not do much on stage. Nope. This dude literally is teh same act as you would see him in videos from 20 years ago. Hit every note, even those crazy high screaming notes. That's gotta be tough at his age....especially with the wild lifestyle he's had.

All of them were amazing though, every member. Especially the drummer....I found it interesting in the Q&A session, he talked about how he mostly listens to older R&B music, that's where he get's his groove from. The tickets even up at the very top of the arena cost over $100 and the place was sold out completely. At least 20,000 ppl. The tickets we had were right across from the stage and included a special pre-show Q&A with some of the band members. I dont know HOW much she paid for those. :ohmy:

I cant say I would've gone otherwise, but it was definitely a good experience.

It was 3 hours in before I saw another black person that wasnt an employee. I only saw 2 others period. lol But it was cool though.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
so is the crowd diverse enough not to stick out like a sore thumb?

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
aerosmith from the 70's is actually super-sick. the album "ROCKS" is the one most worth checking for. after that, though... :damn:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps

When you hear ppl say "they don't make em like that anymore" in regards to these older bands, it's true.

Steven Tyler is probably 65. Dude is AMAZING. I was like :wtf: I was expecting his voice to be cracking or aging, him to not do much on stage. Nope. This dude literally is teh same act as you would see him in videos from 20 years ago. Hit every note, even those crazy high screaming notes. That's gotta be tough at his age....especially with the wild lifestyle he's had.

All of them were amazing though, every member. Especially the drummer....I found it interesting in the Q&A session, he talked about how he mostly listens to older R&B music, that's where he get's his groove from. The tickets even up at the very top of the arena cost over $100 and the place was sold out completely. At least 20,000 ppl. The tickets we had were right across from the stage and included a special pre-show Q&A with some of the band members. I dont know HOW much she paid for those. :ohmy:

It was 3 hours in before I saw another black person that wasnt an employee. I only saw 2 others period. lol But it was cool though.
Rock Concerts >>>>>
did my first one at 15 and been hooked ever since. :bow:

i saw Aerosmth w/ Motley Crue a few years back at Woodlands Pravillon. Tyler is amazing for being that old....still running around the stage and whatnot.... i went NUTS when they did "Dream On" that's my sh*t!
and yeah i don't remember seeing any black folk either....i was right up front tho 3rd row. i'm sure there was some others there...:yeshrug:

koyaanisqatsi

Banned
Daps

. . . were you wearing jean shorts and crocs ?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
so is the crowd diverse enough not to stick out like a sore thumb?

Nobody cared breh breh.

This is one of few times in my entire LIFE, especially living in the South, that I didnt feel weird being the only black person somewhere. People were generally cool as hell.

I think you get a different crowd at rock concerts and people are more hippieish.

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
gallery_35942_10875_10408973834c2116457747c.gif