So I watched When the Levees Broke (Hurricane Katrina)

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
About $2500. Which messed it up later on when people needed fema aide.

They realized every adult with an ID/DL in the affected area would receive money everybody did it. Then you had some collecting off of that plus whatever they made off homeowners insurance claims. Now fema will turn you around and tell you to talk to your insurance agency.
:ohhh:

MysticMonroe

All Star
Daps
I used to work at a call center and I was talking to someone who used to live in New Orleans. And she said before the storm came there was some kind of official guy in her neighborhood pouring sand in a pothole outside her house, he gave some excuse as to why he was doing it (but I can't remember what he said) but she said he did it to plug the holes.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After Katrina hit people were worried Hurricane Rita would do similar damage in Houston.

The way people were scattering out of there....

Couldnt find ANY gas station with gas. :ohhh:

Cars bumper to bumper driving 2 mph, yes 2 mph while trying to drive to Dallas to get up out of there. Brehs would get out of the car and just walk so they could stretch their legs. Thats how stuck on the highway people were :mindblown:

People dying (a few died) of heat exhaustion on the highway and there was a church bus? that set on fire on the highway. :mjcry:

Luckily Rita turned out to be nothing. But there was a sense of urgency because people didnt want to take a chance on a Katrina situation happening. I think it just hit Galveston.

But if that's what was happening in Houston, just image what the people in New Orleans were going through? :merchant:

Imagine that feeling of being trapped and unable to get out and the Hurricane actually coming through.

Scary scary time brehs.

Yeah Rita came through and folks in Houston ran to Dallas. Highway 45 was bumper to bumper to Dallas. It was just total panic.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Katrina was a homeland security mock run for a national disaster, more social engineering and deconstruction.

Next, they will produce one that will affect the ENTIRE nation..

Envoke martial law...you can come up with the rest of the scenarios..

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
I was way too young, at the time, to appreciate how terrible this entire situation was. I really only remember the aerial photos of black people gathering supplies while being called looters on the news. I remember “George Bush doesn’t care about black people.” I don’t remember much else. I’m so sorry you all had to deal with that. The separation of families hits me the hardest. I can’t imagine how helpless they must have all felt. To feel like a forgotten stranger in your own country. I’m sorry.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Katrina was a homeland security mock run for a national disaster, more social engineering and deconstruction.

Next, they will produce one that will affect the ENTIRE nation..

Envoke martial law...you can come up with the rest of the scenarios..
Rona

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Just had a vacation from New Orleans and decided to watch the documentary. Absolutely gut wrenching. fukk bush, fukk the US and all them condescending pricks

My goat