So I watched When the Levees Broke (Hurricane Katrina)

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
You know there is a follow up to the documentary as well. I forget the name though. You should check it out, it basically revisits all the people in that documentary, I think 5 years later.

drop a title... a link or something. ..

this doc is one of Spikes best works. literally soul jarring. ..

after I finished watching it I looked in the mirror like

:dwillhuh:

:merchant:
:snoop:
:why:
:to:

... I was just. .. just immobilized. :salute: to all my NO Gulf Coast folks who were subjected to it all and were spared.

:salute: to the dead :to:

Katrina is the most tragic disaster on US soil of my time... man made or natural.

this doc will jar your soul and shatter your perspectives.

such an evil system we are in...

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
drop a title... a link or something. ..

this doc is one of Spikes best works. literally soul jarring. ..

after I finished watching it I looked in the mirror like

:dwillhuh:

:merchant:
:snoop:
:why:
:to:

... I was just. .. just immobilized. :salute: to all my NO Gulf Coast folks who were subjected to it all and were spared.

:salute: to the dead :to:

Katrina is the most tragic disaster on US soil of my time... man made or natural.

this doc will jar your soul and shatter your perspectives.

such an evil system we are in...

If God Is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise

If God Is Willing and da Creek Don't Rise (TV Series 2010– ) - IMDb

I am kind of busy today, when I come back tonight I will PM you a link, when I have time to find the movie.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
that type of stuff spreaded all the way up to Jackson,MS. I remember a lady got killed over ICE in Hattiesburg. Some of my brehs from down there had to syphon gas out of cars to leave the city. I dipped all the way to Birmingham & stayed with my Mom.

I couldn't believe how :mindblown: I was, the rest of the country was just carrying on like it wasn't even happening :sadcam:
that ish reminded me of Apocalypse

bout to go watch now

Yeah, I was in Jackson at the time. I had an apartment off State Street and Fortification.

that night Katrina came through was hellacious in itself. I was literally stuck in my car in the parking lot and the wind was pushing the shyt around.

I went upstairs and saw all my shyt was wrecked and the windows was blown out so I hit the street.

It was real quiet up until I hit Woodrow Wilson. That shyt was wiiiiiiiild.

Folks was rioting at gas stations and the police couldn't do shyt, people were trying to steal gas.... cause it was right after that gas shortage that we had, remember that? Folks was fighting over gas, water and canned goods. Screaming about "THE END OF THE WORLD" and "GOD PASSING JUDGEMENT".

Then it was folks walking around straight in shock. Like zombies. I had never seen no shyt like that in my life. :mjcry: I can only imagine what it was like in places where the REAL shyt was happening. they had that shopping area off Meadowbrook blocked off. no telling what the hell was going on over there. I didn't go back to my apartment til like 6 that morning.

two days later there was so many people at the Civic Center that you could smell the humanity from High Street. Folks sleeping in tents in the parking lot and shyt.....

about 2 weeks later the crime rate had skyrocketed. All those displaced and starving people. Put right on the edge of downtown where folks were practically starving just across the street anyway. :to:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I was in Jackson at the time. I had an apartment off State Street and Fortification.

that night Katrina came through was hellacious in itself. I was literally stuck in my car in the parking lot and the wind was pushing the shyt around.

I went upstairs and saw all my shyt was wrecked and the windows was blown out so I hit the street.

It was real quiet up until I hit Woodrow Wilson. That shyt was wiiiiiiiild.

Folks was rioting at gas stations and the police couldn't do shyt, people were trying to steal gas.... cause it was right after that gas shortage that we had, remember that? Folks was fighting over gas, water and canned goods. Screaming about "THE END OF THE WORLD" and "GOD PASSING JUDGEMENT".

Then it was folks walking around straight in shock. Like zombies. I had never seen no shyt like that in my life. :mjcry: I can only imagine what it was like in places where the REAL shyt was happening. they had that shopping area off Meadowbrook blocked off. no telling what the hell was going on over there. I didn't go back to my apartment til like 6 that morning.

two days later there was so many people at the Civic Center that you could smell the humanity from High Street. Folks sleeping in tents in the parking lot and shyt.....

about 2 weeks later the crime rate had skyrocketed. All those displaced and starving people. Put right on the edge of downtown where folks were practically starving just across the street anyway. :to:
None of this stuff is common knowledge.

I mean people in the south probably know about it, but the news covered almost none of those things.
If I hadn't watched this documentary I still wouldn't know just how awful the devastation was.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
None of this stuff is common knowledge.

I mean people in the south probably know about it, but the news covered almost none of those things.
If I hadn't watched this documentary I still wouldn't know just how awful the devastation was.

It was like that even for us, in a way.

Like, we knew the storm was coming, but we shrugged it off. Jackson is inland. Hurricanes hit the gulf, central mississippi gets a pretty bad tornado season. But in Jackson, it just storms a lot.

Katrina came through, killed power and caused chaos.

We got power back after a day or so and all the while we're talking about how bad it is, then you look at the news or in a newspaper and see people on roofs and the whole city flooded.

Then all these refugees showed up a few days later with nothing but the clothes on their backs and these HORRIFYING stories. Women with their kids and they're crying more than their kids are. Old people with nothing but loss in their eyes. Savage ass nikkas with no sense of law or structure or affiliation just showed up- look, man. We weren't prepared for that shyt.

Nobody was prepared for that shyt.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
When Katrina happen i was still a kid i think i was still in elementary... i was to young to understand how much impact this had but i started to look into this a lot more now and :wtf: how the fukk can anyone trust cacs?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
the levees were blown. you can't say they failed unless the army corp engineers were suppose to make a levee designed to withstand a bomb or explosion :francis:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
After Katrina hit people were worried Hurricane Rita would do similar damage in Houston.

The way people were scattering out of there....

Couldnt find ANY gas station with gas. :ohhh:

Cars bumper to bumper driving 2 mph, yes 2 mph while trying to drive to Dallas to get up out of there. Brehs would get out of the car and just walk so they could stretch their legs. Thats how stuck on the highway people were :mindblown:

People dying (a few died) of heat exhaustion on the highway and there was a church bus? that set on fire on the highway. :mjcry:

Luckily Rita turned out to be nothing. But there was a sense of urgency because people didnt want to take a chance on a Katrina situation happening. I think it just hit Galveston.

But if that's what was happening in Houston, just image what the people in New Orleans were going through? :merchant:

Imagine that feeling of being trapped and unable to get out and the Hurricane actually coming through.

Scary scary time brehs.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Insurance companies fukked them up the ass nobody stopped it
thats why im yellin fukk the world everytime i let my gloc spit, my nikka, we aint got shyt

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Cacs

Katrina Causing Insurance Companies to Use Illegal Plagiarism
Engineer James K. “Ken” Overstreet has claimed that the assessments of damage on his property from Hurricane Katrina were manipulated without permission in order to minimize or deny policy holder claims. According to Overstreet, his signature was forged on many documents used by the insurance company. Overstreet had served as contractor for S&B; Infrastructure, which was contracted with Rimkus Consluting Group Inc. to supply damage assessments to insurance companies. Rimkus supposedly fed S&B; the orders to forge Mr. Overstreet’s information.

Overstreet stated that, “If they could get by with changing the wind to surge, they would do it…. If you had affidavits in there where people saw houses blowing down, sometimes they’d just take those out entirely. They took out whole exhibits.” Representatives from the companies claim that they will not comment on the allegations.

This is a perfect example of bad faith from greedy insurance companies. In each one of these instances, companies are altering the victim’s original agreement in order to save money and keep the victim in pain and suffering. If you or someone you know is suffering from a bad faith case, please feel free to contact Jacoby & Meyers Law Offices in Los Angeles, California.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 18th, 2006 at 3:33 pm and is filed under Bad Faith Insurance Claims. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You canleave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
How much did people get on those cards?
About $2500. Which messed it up later on when people needed fema aide.

They realized every adult with an ID/DL in the affected area would receive money everybody did it. Then you had some collecting off of that plus whatever they made off homeowners insurance claims. Now fema will turn you around and tell you to talk to your insurance agency.