So I watched When the Levees Broke (Hurricane Katrina)

EpicStoryTeller

Blazé Blazé
Daps
Reppin
Morioh
I was there a week before it happened but came back to cali for school. Luckily my whole family made it out and we're able to get to texas. Went back 2 years later and shyt was something straight out of the twilight zone. Empty ass houses where my friends used to live, X marking the number of dead bodies that were there, old neighborhoods now looking like ghost towns :wow: Nothing Was The same

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I lived in New Orleans my entire life until Katrina, I never moved back after. never saw the movie, don't want to, when I visit now it's depressing because white's have gentrified entire sections of the city, it's literally like a spreading disease. Areas where white people wouldn't be caught dead you're seeing them out late at night, jogging, walking alone, because all of the Black people have been displaced.
Noticed the same thing after visiting homes over the last few years.

The Ninth ain't change, though.

Ceazy

Atlanta to LA living
Daps
Reppin
Winning
Hate to say this but I'm a firm believer in that picture in my Avi it was literally the perfect storm

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This storm shook up southern america more than people think. Baton Rouge hasn't been the same since...

Katrina changed so many peoples lives. across the south, and it showed how expendable we are to this nation. If another city full of whites were under water we'd have movies, probably national holiday, people still doing memorials...

But it was black folk.... fema barely made it out.

After Katrina I remember everyone was stuntin with there fema cards... buying out everything in the mall.:wow:

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps

same thing that took place in the Sip years ago. Is said to have taken place with Katrina

interesting perspective

it called
Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How it Changed America by John M. Barry

wanted to hyperlink it but it not allowing me to brodee.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wife's family is from Columbia Mississippi which is 2 hours from new orleans. Katrina knocked out power there for a month. Not only that but power was knocked out all the way to Jackson Mississippi.

People fail to realize that Mississippi and Alabama got hit bad by Katrina.

My in-laws on Mississippi were living like some shyt from mad max all the way until the power was turned back on. Stores had no food....people would go out to in the country and hunt animals (like dears) and cook them on their property outside.

shyt was crazy man. Luckily them country folks were prepared and knew how to survive. That shyt happens in the city like Dallas and Chicago. Mothafukkas gonna be killing each other over bread.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hurricane Katrina is the most tragic thing that has happened in the country the past 25 yrs

Crazy thing it will happen again to NO. It happens like every 40 years or some shyt. The place is just so far below sea level. Plus Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi are the poorest states in the nation. So they have very few resources. The hurricane basically shut down all three states.

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
thy can't bring myself to watch it,i'm afraid something will snap and i'll take an L that isn't for the cause and just commit/or be committed for something petty and rage inspired..

they read this scribe called Zeitoun and twas depressed/agitated for weeks,one of the non conspiracy/non vision/non dream scribes that helped me wake up to how inherently evil this country is..i'll watch it at some point though,just like thy wanna read Ray Nagin's scribe Katrina Secrets:Storms After The Storms

think tis a fukkin coincidence they locked dude up,they didn't want him exposing the evil empire's plan,blame it on the brotha,just like O'Bomba,just wedges to usher in another Gestapo po-lice state/genocide..:scust:

sometimes,when you're poor yourself you just gotta turn it off to save your own sanity/equilibrium,especially when a good deal of poor people just wanna stay ignorant/numb to the bullshyt and don't really want change,even though your dome is next up on the gallows..thy guess when your whole life is lived in the noose you just grow immune to save self,just wanna party&bullshyt like the rich dum dum's you see on tv

can't say thy haven't done the same at times,but with a more conscious alien slant,but in some sense i'm prolly worse off then them cause something in me can't let this evil go,guess i'm meant to face it down and help raise awareness at least..:manny::jbhmm: