So I watched When the Levees Broke (Hurricane Katrina)

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
You was handing out fades left and right breh?

:patrice:
Nah imma chill nikka that was playing football at the time, nikka was too tired from practice to fight:noah:
But N.O nikkas was cool to me, just like everyone else, respect they mind, and they gone respect yo mind.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Katrina was the example of the lesson every black person needs to know from birth. NO ONE is coming to the rescue

I'm not gonna lie that bit annoyed me.

When Spike would show people pulling together to yell for help. I hate when people do that. It's a million of you. There's gotta be something better you can come up with than asking the government for help. Fukk the government. Y'all 'posed to been know they ain't tryna save us. Do for yourself, brehs.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That part where Wendell Pierce (Bunk, from The Wire) was talking about how his father's house was destroyed. That man worked his whole life to buy that house...and it was destroyed and the insurance company didn't pay them shyt.

That shyt had me straight :wow:

AntiVenom

Bedwench & Armchair Militant Killer
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not gonna lie that bit annoyed me.

When Spike would show people pulling together to yell for help. I hate when people do that. It's a million of you. There's gotta be something better you can come up with than asking the government for help. Fukk the government. Y'all 'posed to been know they ain't tryna save us. Do for yourself, brehs.

Exactly. Black people more than anyone else should realize that the government cant be relied on. People will learn to do for themselves...or they'll drown just like those pathetic fukks in NO. And at that point I cant really feel sorry :manny:

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
I saw this doc when it came out and again last semester for a class I took. The people who think the levees were blown up purposely probably aren't wrong. The levees have broken before during Betsy and people thought it was to protect the French Q. It was the aftermath that hit me the hardest. People converging on one structure for sanctuary just for it to become a death trap. Also the fact that bridges were blocked by Gretna police to stop the people from leaving N.O. And FEMA :scust: Family just put on planes and buses and not being told where they were going til they got there. San Antonio, Memphis, Houston , OKC, etc.

One part that had me :dead: was when the the Canadian Mounties came to that white guy's business. White guy was like "y'all came from where?" :what: Shows just how inept and negligent the govt was.

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I remember when this hurricane happened. I was 10 at the time and was in Boston visiting family. They were discussing it and the news sad it was gonna be a category 5. Man after it happened I know a lot of people who moved from NOLA to VA. Like some of the kids were discussing it too.
nikka SAID HE WAS 10! :gladbron: