So I watched Collateral (2004) and I gotta ask something

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
Was Vincent Max's shadow?:skip:

And did Vincent know his last victim (Jada) was the woman Max was gonna ask out, hence him pressing him?

This movie gotta have a million theories

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Since he saw her card, you can maybe assume he did. And since he was assumedly at the US Attorneys Office to scout the location, he probably did know.

"you get her number"?

I love this line, and I say it to myself sometimes, when I get someone's number, and find myself overanalyzing what to text, or if I should, if it's a longer shot, someone I only met for 2 minutes or whatever,

"and that girl, you can't even call that girl"

and I always hit send lol

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
Since he saw her card, you can maybe assume he did. And since he was assumedly at the US Attorneys Office to scout the location, he probably did know.

"you get her number"?

I love this line, and I say it to myself sometimes, when I get someone's number, and find myself overanalyzing what to text, or if I should, if it's a longer shot, someone I only met for 2 minutes or whatever,

"and that girl, you can't even call that girl"

and I always hit send lol
Beautiful :wow:

I firmly believe another actor woulda fukked those lines up and made it sound whiny. Cruise was perfect

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Like I said, my man:

There is so much to unpack in the dynamics and subtext of this movie but this, this scene right here was that ether because its so true. For every Vincent in the world there is a Max inside that he dares not accept, express and manifest. Why? Because society says "Keep your head down, fit in, do as expected and maybe, just maybe you can get what you intend toward the end of it. Maybe".

This started my exploration of the shadow aspects of Self in earnest and why we are often our worst enemies when all is said and done.

The question to ask yourself now and in every moment is:

"Am I Max? Or Am I Vincent?"

The message in this movie involves only one person - You.

I really should start making vids about the deeper meanings of movies because they are modern psychodrama journeys and what appeals only does because it projects to introject something that originated within. You know, that whole black mirror thing...