So I Keep Hearing About ESPN

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
it was pretty blatant. first i noticed it was when they straight thieved someones thread about funny shyt you see in pick up basketball games and someone wrote a big column on espn about pick up basketball using examples taken straight outta the thread

-InFeRnO-

#TPC onetime4yamind
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
it was pretty blatant. first i noticed it was when they straight thieved someones thread about funny shyt you see in pick up basketball games and someone wrote a big column on espn about pick up basketball using examples taken straight outta the thread

yall got the thread/espn links?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
it was literally like 6-7 years ago, at least. i dont even know how to search for it on espn

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It was the rodimus thread, I remember that one. Somebody gon have to search for it, but long story short this was during the 2007 Golden State Warriors run when they upset the lowly, yet #1 seeded and MVP led, dallass mavericks as an 8th seed. Basically rod said somethin like "The Warriors players are like them thug nikkaz that be hackin and takin people's "next" at the rec center."

That isn't verbatim of course but that was the gist of it and basically some espn jerk took it and ran with it. They've gone to the point now of straight up using the lingo from here, the black analysts especially are introducing it in slowly but surely. "ethered" is becoming a regular word during that "5 O'Clock Happy Hour" shyt and it's already known that Bomani Jones and Michael Smith lurk the seum heavy.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
yall got the thread/espn links?

The best description I've read of the Warriors came from Rodimusprime, a commenter on the message boards at SOHH.com. Rodimus says the Warriors "play like they came in the gym late and STOLE someone's next and then was like, 'We already got our five.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/071005&sportCat=nba

Bomani gets a pass, cause he was probably posting on there at the time and he actually sited where he got that from (Plus he and Rod are now cool). But, there were many other times they straight jacked shyt from our topics, it was blatant before the ***** nikkas crushed buildings.

Daps
man i remember when the panthers were playing the cards in the nfc championship and jake delhomme had 5 interceptions and i was like

5...5 inter 5 interceptionsssssss and then 2 min later them nikkas on espn jacked it :wtf:

sm0ke

Lin Kuei
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Also, a writer cited rodimusprime (I believe) talking about how the Golden State Warriors (Baron Davis and them) played like they just showed up at the gym and said "we got next" then proceeded to light it up

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
It was the rodimus thread, I remember that one. Somebody gon have to search for it, but long story short this was during the 2007 Golden State Warriors run when they upset the lowly, yet #1 seeded and MVP led, dallass mavericks as an 8th seed. Basically rod said somethin like "The Warriors players are like them thug nikkaz that be hackin and takin people's "next" at the rec center."

That isn't verbatim of course but that was the gist of it and basically some espn jerk took it and ran with it. They've gone to the point now of straight up using the lingo from here, the black analysts especially are introducing it in slowly but surely. "ethered" is becoming a regular word during that "5 O'Clock Happy Hour" shyt and it's already known that Bomani Jones and Michael Smith lurk the seum heavy.

Yep, dude on ATH said "Goodell ETHERED the Saints"

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
wilt you remember that pick up game thievery? i know i posted in there but i cant find the thread

Daps
skip bayless has literally stolen all his jokes from the coli.

man they jacked all the LeBrick etcc shyt from sohh from gifs to whatever you name it peole that lurk jack shyt from here and post it on other boards like they made it up first it's disgusting and the face that you got posters from sohh that post on other boards makes it worse shyt nikkas on boxden probably think they started the wavement :wtb:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Also, a writer cited rodimusprime (I believe) talking about how the Golden State Warriors (Baron Davis and them) played like they just showed up at the gym and said "we got next" then proceeded to light it up

:dead: :dead: :dead: