So I just cut my hair short...

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
And I'm so scared:sadcam: I've got a small head so I think it would look weird, but I've been so frustrated with the heat damage and my hair not progressing as it should be.

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It wasn't a low fade :to:

Ignore him :hug:.
And I'm so scared:sadcam: I've got a small head so I think it would look weird, but I've been so frustrated with the heat damage and my hair not progressing as it should be.

First of all congratulations on doing the big chop :hug:. I was emotional when I did mine a year and a half ago :wow:. It's just hair but I felt like a part of me died. I admit that it took a few months to be comfortable with my fro (wearing protective styles), but now I wish I went "natural" sooner.

I would suggest finding out your hair porosity (rather than type) so you can properly moisturize, and figure out your level of protein.

@KOOL-AID has a hair thread in the salon (Essential - Show off your coco locks) where you will find helpful tips and you can also post your progress.

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
First of all congratulations on doing the big chop :hug:. I was emotional when I did mine a year and a half ago :wow:. It's just hair but I felt like a part of me died. I admit that it took a few months to be comfortable with my fro (wearing protective styles), but now I wish I went "natural" sooner.

I would suggest finding out your hair porosity (rather than type) so you can properly moisturize, and figure out your level of protein.

@KOOL-AID has a hair thread in the salon (Essential - Show off your coco locks) where you will find helpful tips and you can also post your progress.
Yea I was natural before the heat damage, but before when I first went natural I had only a few straight ends to get rid of. It's just really weird because I have no hair to frame my face.