So I girl you recently met and is dating just told you about...

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
She has multiple sclerosis (MS), how do you respond to this, how do you handle this?

Asiatic Black Hebrew

Zulu passenger out of Africa
Daps
She has multiple sclerosis (MS), how do you respond to this, how do you handle this?

oYN4XqU.gif

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
you know this an interesting question and I was actually about to make a question regarding dealing with someone you're dating having an illness like this.

I met this amazing girl that has muscular dystrophy and while it's definitely noticable when she wears certain clothes and she has a slight limp when she walks, when i first met her she was just kind of chilling and being a wallflower so i really couldn't tell. I thought she was just really slender and she's cute as fukk so it threw me for a loop when i found out she has muscular dystrophy. Anyways, I started talking her up and we've got out and whatnot but i honestly don't care, i mean i do care meaning that i want to help her be comfortable and help alleviate any self-consciousness if possible but it's not gonna stop me from dating her cause she's simply put one of the most genuine people i've ever met in addition to being smart and attractive. I haven't brought it up cause i don't want to be "that guy" that makes it a huge deal since she is very independent and is undoubtedly tired of being treated differently but we will definitely have that talk in the near future. I don't know how serious this relationship will end up going so i'm not bothered by it at all, but it all depends on what you're looking for in this relationship, how serious the condition is and if you can handle what comes with the illness.

My advice would be to follow your heart and your mind and don't just settle and stay with her because you feel obligated because nobody wants to get someone who is only staying with them because they feel sorry for them and are worried about being perceived as a heartless jerk if they break it off. It's a tough decision either way and i might be faced with it myself soon so i don't know. :to:That's just how i feel, take it or leave it.:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My best friend was diagnosed at 21 and her bf is very supportive of her and goes out of his way to understand the illness.

At the end of the day, either the person is worth sticking it out for... MS or not, or they aren't. :yeshrug:

Everybody has baggage, but a lifelong illness is something one should really ponder about.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
if its about feels and love and stuff like that and you feel like its worth it then yeah go for it.

I have some slight personal experience.

My ex has epilepsy and we could be anywhere and just *blank stare* then boom petite mal seizure. Some short term memory loss...it was the pits. First time it happened she was driving and scooped me up from work and i got in the car and something was off. She knew where she was, but not who I was and not how she got there. For about 3 months after that it would be every 5 days or so another bout of seizures and memory loss. It wasn't until tens of visits to doctors and hospitals that it started to cool out.
But it was a REALLY rough and REALLY emotional experience and i'd be lying if i i said i didn't shed tears over it in private. It felt so unfair, we were about a year and a half into the relationship and it was a HUGE blow to who she was and how she had to live. But it was also draining on myself as well, i wanted to help as much as I could, missed days of work/school, changed my living/eating habits, created a full primer on who everyone was so when she had bouts of the memory loss she could refer to the notes...it was crazy. Its strange explaining to someone WHY other people are their friends and WHO certain people are that YOU barely know. I had to self assess to see if this was something I could live with and I accepted that it was a part of who she was.
We broke up for other reasons, but if its early in the game and you are ready for giving some SERIOUS emotional, physical and mental support. Its best to just stop it before BOTH of you become to invested. Because leaving some one who depends on you in the middle of fighting a very serious disease is prolly one of the most vile things you can do.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If dude and are just dating with no commitment established, I'd probably have to dip. If we already established a commitment, then I'd be supportive.

DamonDashsRocAFellaChain

How could a man say he has a boss and be proud?
Daps
My homie's ex told me she met some new dude and about a week into their relationship she found out she had cancer. WTF do you do at that point? The dude ended up staying with her. I probably would have bounced.

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My homie's ex told me she met some new dude and about a week into their relationship she found out she had cancer. WTF do you do at that point? The dude ended up staying with her. I probably would have bounced.
A week breh? I'm outta there :manny: