So far, what's your GOTY? Or what you think it'll be?

GOTY for you so far?

• Total voters

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I beat Astrobot the other day and I LOVED it. Loved it alot, was fun from start to finish and I'm still finishing up secret levels/bots/trophies. BUT, man I cannot help it Rebirth is still my GOTY. That game was the only game that had me glued to my seat almost every night for a few hours. Hell I'm listening to the OST right now.

Loved every moment. The gameplay, the graphics, the music, the exploration, story, characters everything. Even the mini games weren't really souring my experience. Cannot forget that game. Only games left for me that I'm anticipating is Ass Creed Shadows and Metaphor somewhat. I HIGHLY doubt they surpass Rebirth for me though. Wukong is pretty good so far too.
Edit: Forgot to add Stellar Blade 2 and Helloblade 2.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
  1. Astro Bot
  2. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
  3. Helldivers 2
  4. Prince of Persia The Lost Crown
  5. Erd Tree/Stellar Blade
Still got Metaphor and Dragon Age coming that can change the list. Rebirth is very close to astro for me but the amount of bloat in Rebirth and the ending is where i take some points off. I take points off Astro bot for the exact opposite reason, the biggest negative is that i want more.

Rebirth felt like by the end i was pushing the plate away and with Astro i was waiting for seconds.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
@Fatboi1 , how dare you limit it to only two votes.

Astrobot, Rebirth, Wukong, Stellar Blade, Tekken 8. That's not in any order, tho the first two are fighting for top spot. Lost Crown is an honorable mention as well. As is 9 Sols.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
:ehh:Easily FF7 rebirth, that game was just so good. Curious to see how this holds for me come December.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Visions of Mana and it's not close. My personal favorite game this generation and last. Any Mana Series fan will love it as it's right next to Secret of Mana for me. For someone who has the SNES as their favorite system of all-time, this game was that good. Got everything I wanted out of a Mana game: the lore, visuals and music. Customizability-wise I love how it sets up class and subclass versatility for Min-Maxing. It's definitely deep. Think of Trials of Mana but with a Secret of Mana story. First game I'm about to 100% going back to the PS3 and going to replay again. I literally put time aside from work and school to play it.

Voice acting was great (a brehette is one of the main voice actresses). Dialogue and story were wholesome. I love the thought that went into the game.

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
i dont think i've even played my GOTY yet

at the end of the year, it'll prolly be (in any order)

FF7
Astro
Wukong
Stellar
Ronin
ReFantazio
Dogma

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
1. Rebirth
2. Wukong
3. Stellar Yams as of now, Metaphor looks very promising

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Visions of Mana and it's not close. My personal favorite game this generation and last. Any Mana Series fan will love it. Right next to Secret of Mana for me. For someone who has the SNES as their favorite system of all-time, this game was that good. Got everything I wanted out of a Mana game: the lore, visuals and music. Customizability I love how it sets up class and subclass versatility for Min-Maxing. First game I'm about to 100% going back to the PS3 and going to replay again.

Voice acting was great (a brehette is one of the main voice actresses). Dialogue and story were wholesome. I love the thought that went into the game.
It is an underrated game for sure. Not my top 5 of the year for a few reasons within it itself and among what are my top of the year, but it is really good. This coming from another long time Mana fan and I won't refute anything you said here really, as I ultimately agree with your sentiments of its greatness.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I ate good this year.
It's kind of hard for me to say but I did enjoy Stellar Blade, alot.
We had, and are still having an amazing time with Helldivers 2.
I have to hop on Astrobot after Black Myth: Wukong. I did end up enjoying that first level of Astro that I did play.
Give me a couple of weeks and I'll definitely let you know. Right now it's out of Black Myth: Wukong, Stellar Blade and Helldivers 2

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It is an underrated game for sure. Not my top 5 of the year for a few reasons within it itself and among what are my top of the year, but it is really good. This coming from another long time Mana fan and I won't refute anything you said here really, as I ultimately agree with your sentiments of its greatness.
Yeah, it's more of a personal preference for me as it hit all the nostalgia marks Like I mentioned, I'm not really much of a modern gamer and I'm not going to favor realistic graphics over more artistic visuals (my favorite style). I think that's really the SNES upbringing though which is what did it for me.

Daps
Rebirth for me, easily. Wukong 2nd as of right now. Haven't played Astro Bot yet but moving onto that next.