Slow Horses (Season 4) on Apple TV+

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I'm glad they didn't try to ring too much mileage out of the fake-out, considering certain scenes from the S4 trailer.

Roddy is an a$$hole :skip:

New guy not talking :skip:

Ready for the next episode, just as soon as I get some Jaffa Cakes and Alka-Seltzer :ehh:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
A bit of Old School Standish

ezgif-2-a58893dd84.gif

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Yeah he is unlikeable but the show wouldn't be the same without him.

I haven't read the source material - but the way to fix an unlikeable character - is to make a likeable character.

It's modern fiction (And British!), All of the characters these days are unlikeable in some way (Succession for example), but MC has a particularly punchable face, imo.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't read the source material - but the way to fix an unlikeable character - is to make a likeable character.

It's modern fiction (And British!), All of the characters these days are unlikeable in some way (Succession for example), but MC has a particularly punchable face, imo.

He is unlikeable but very human, so it works ok imo. :yeshrug:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Dope opener. Glad to have that end song too. I don't think the MC is too bad, especially once you get to s2 and you realize how he thinks and his insecurities with his granddad.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
River is a legacy candidate/hire/agent to *insert intelligence agency* most of these characters are usually hated/unlikeable for being either jobs worths or incompetent but are always protected. But with his Grandad being known as the Old B@stard which means the name Cartwright annoys those whove been at MI5 MI6 for a long time. He isn't really treated like your typical legacy candidate even tho he does all the annoying shyt that those characters do.

Rivers problem is he's a good agent but his arrogance stops him growing because he keeps on making the same mistakes i.e going rogue trying to prove himself. He doesn't learn from them which is what a spy should do. River has the chip on the solider because he's trying to live up to what he thinks his Grandfather is.

Last edited: