Slow eccentric lifts

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
I decreased the weights I lift on squats and bench. I increased the eccentric portion of the lifts to about 4 seconds. Same with pull ups. I also keep my muscles under tension for 40 seconds.

I’m making gains at 2x the speed and busting through plateaus.(:dame:)

Strict form and slow eccentrics not only increased my lifts and strength it got me hella brolic in a short time.

Y’all gotta try it.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I decreased the weights I lift on squats and bench. I increased the eccentric portion of the lifts to about 4 seconds. Same with pull ups. I also keep my muscles under tension for 40 seconds.

Strict form and slow eccentrics not only increased my lifts and strength it got me hella brolic in a short time.

Y’all gotta try it.

Makes sense. :ehh:

No offense OP, but this shyt is really not rocket science. You found a way to increase time under tension (TuT) that works for you so of course you're making gains. :salute:

I tell people all the time, train hard, eat well, rest and recover. Nobody wants to hear it. :francis:

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Makes sense. :ehh:

No offense OP, but this shyt is really not rocket science. You found a way to increase time under tension (TuT) that works for you so of course you're making gains. :salute:

I tell people all the time, train hard, eat well, rest and recover. Nobody wants to hear it. :francis:

Yea it’s not rocket science but I’ve gotten way too much misinformation and bro science even more so called experts. I just learned about time under tension two years ago. And about slow eccentrics a year

I eat clean and workout half as often
:blessed:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

Y’all gotta try it.

How much did you go down and did you change your rep number up?

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
How much did you go down and did you change your rep number up?

In terms of reps I just try to keep it above 7-8 reps on all lifts. Reps went down a bit but I don’t focus on that. I go down all the way except the bench (spare my shoulders). For pull ups I go down 95% of the way to keep my muscles under tension.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It def helps with blowing through plateaus, forces you to adapt those stabilizer muscles more (bro-science I know). Good if you want to take it a bit easier on the joints too. It's made my body-weight workouts damn good too.