Slam Starring Saul Williams

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
p20476_d_v7_aa.jpg

Ray Joshua (Saul Williams), a talented black poet from the Washington, D.C., projects, is arrested on petty drug charges and thrown into the black hole that is the D.C. jail. There he meets the two people who can redirect his life: a prison gang leader and a beautiful female poet teaching a self-expression class for inmates.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Saul Williams forever changed the way I wrote after this..No more abc rhyme schemes and roses are red for me I formatted mine between blues/rock guitar, Miles Davis' horn and Beat Street graffiti lol

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
p20476_d_v7_aa.jpg

Ray Joshua (Saul Williams), a talented black poet from the Washington, D.C., projects, is arrested on petty drug charges and thrown into the black hole that is the D.C. jail. There he meets the two people who can redirect his life: a prison gang leader and a beautiful female poet teaching a self-expression class for inmates.

Never been.here and never planned to be but my own plans had plans for me and now that mans plan got plans for me...I

James Worthy

Superstar
Daps
It's an okay film. I watched it when i was really young but this scene always stood out to me :

And oh yeah, shout to Sonja Sohn's tiny t*ts in this film and The Wire too.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
This is the movie I'll never forget for one reason...

After I had watched it I let my dad go ahead and watch it. I didn't think he would like it because of all of the poetry but he ended up really enjoying it. Then he hit me with "I know that girl in the movie."
I'm like "Word? Who is she?" :leon:

"I was best friends with her brother. He got addicted to drugs. He and her entire (or most of) family was on it including her. The poem is about her."

I'm feeling dumb because I don't like poetry and I pretty much ignored most of it ".....oh yeah, that poem :unsure: ...........what happened to her brother?"
"He died, he got hooked on Heroin. Watching him shoot up was the scariest thing I'd ever seen." :wow:

I'm like :sadcam: that's some fukked up shyt to hear. Truth be told, the number of old friends he knew that got on or are still on that shyt is sad. But then he says....

"...yeah they were all on it pretty bad, I had to stop coming to see him. She and her sisters were out tricking for it. I'm glad to see she got out of it."

He said it so casually but at this point I'm like ":damn:"

Next thing you know, we see her on the Wire and it's just like.............. wow :ohhh: