skip bayless smilie special of the day: is teebow better than ward?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
hey joe,....

now i have seen hordes of skip bayless romantic infatuation promos about tim teebow.

yet i have to ask,.....was teebow a better skills qb than charlie ward.

also,...do you think it is racist they applaud teebow,..but forced ward to go to the nba....stating he could never make it in the nfl.

art barr

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Ward was a better passer.

But they didn't force him to go to the NBA. He told NFL teams that if they didn't draft him in the 1st round then don't draft him at all. That may have turned some teams off. He was undersized for a QB too.

But I don't think he has any regrets. He made way more money in the NBA than he would have made in the NFL.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Ward was a better passer.

But they didn't force him to go to the NBA. He told NFL teams that if they didn't draft him in the 1st round then don't draft him at all. That may have turned some teams off. He was undersized for a QB too.

But I don't think he has any regrets. He made way more money in the NBA than he would have made in the NFL.

well the reason why i brought it up,...was the racial factor.

plus to see who remembers ward's skillset in college.

incomparison to teebow's skillset in college.

taking into consideration,....the negative talk about both.

do you think ward would have performed at teebow's level?

art barr

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
It's hard to say what Ward would have done. He was listed in the NBA at 6'-2", 195. That's extremely frail for a QB. In comparison, RG3 is the same height but weighs 220 and some people were questioning his size.

But Ward was a better passer than Tebow w/o a doubt. Plus the Noles were running a pro style offense.

It could be said that Andre Ware fukked Ward up too because he was a black QB who won the Heisman went #7 overall and didn't do a got damn thing. So yeah, I think racism played a role but I think his lack of size played the biggest role.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
It's hard to say what Ward would have done. He was listed in the NBA at 6'-2", 195. That's extremely frail for a QB. In comparison, RG3 is the same height but weighs 220 and some people were questioning his size.

But Ward was a better passer than Tebow w/o a doubt. Plus the Noles were running a pro style offense.

It could be said that Andre Ware fukked Ward up too because he was a black QB who won the Heisman went #7 overall and didn't do a got damn thing. So yeah, I think racism played a role but I think his lack of size played the biggest role.

in that era,..it was witch hunt season for black qb's.

that is why i asked the question,.....

as i remember ward being much better than teebow.

yet,..ward never got nearly as much credit.

nor did ward get a high profile sports personality to vouch for him like bayless.

art barr

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
This is an entirely new angle of the Tim Tebow debate

I can't wait to see what happens in this thread. Please, continue.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Nobody forced Ward to the nfl; he said if he wasn't a 1st round pick he would go to the nba.

People remember Ward's senior year but don't remember his jr year where he was utter trash too. If Ward was bigger, he would have been a 1st rounder and been a great QB. His calmness reminded me of how calm Tom Brady. Tebow had the size and running ability, Ward was the better pure QB

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nobody forced Ward to the nfl; he said if he wasn't a 1st round pick he would go to the nba.

People remember Ward's senior year but don't remember his jr year where he was utter trash too. If Ward was bigger, he would have been a 1st rounder and been a great QB. His calmness reminded me of how calm Tom Brady. Tebow had the size and running ability, Ward was the better pure QB

i do remember him being poised for a qb.

i really think that quality could have aided him,.....

it is an interesting what if,...as he was a better football player than pg in the nba.

i will give him credit for ramping up as a pg and basically playing a controlled pg role. he covered the ramp up from college to pro's really well.

i always wondered would he have adjusted just as well to adversity in the nfl.

i personally think he would at least have been better than teebow.

i also,....feel race hurt him from being taken as serious as teebow as well.

i also think ward would be accepted as a qb by someone like elway than teebow as well.

art barr