Skin care/acne

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What are you ladies using for acne free, glowing skin?:jbhmm:

I already do a weekly Aztec clay mask and drink a gallon of water a day, but I want to take it to the next level.

I'm thinking of using coconut oil

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
A cleansing brush, peels, facials, a good balanced diet. Also coconut oil in my experience isn't good for the face as it clogs the pores, it's comedogenic.

Do you have acne prone skin, or are you just trying to prevent it?
I don't have any acne right now, it's relatively clear.

I want to find an oil that can give my skin that *glowing* look

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
Yea coconut oil clogged my pores too. If I use it on my face I use it to help remove a full face of makeup or liquid lipsticks. I just use my skincare system, a weekly mask, and occasional exfoliation. I do get hormonal acne when it's that time of the month.

I should mention that I have oily skin that's acne prone.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Yea coconut oil clogged my pores too. If I use it on my face I use it to help remove a full face of makeup or liquid lipsticks. I just use my skincare system, a weekly mask, and occasional exfoliation. I do get hormonal acne when it's that time of the month.

I should mention that I have oily skin that's acne prone.
Same went to the derm n she said the coconut oil was clogging my shyt, I also have oily n acne prone skin too though it's way better than when I was in high school.

Daps
Did it get worse before it gets better? Doctor gave me some glycolic pads and Tetinol, and I stopped because I wasn't feeling results after two weeks.

My skin got really flaky for maybe a month, but after that I noticed the texture of my skin improved and I didn't get the huge zits I used to before my period started. You kind of have to stick through the bad part, but it does get better eventually

ModestMo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I have combination skin. I've been using Aveeno foaming cleanser and then the Aveeno lotion with spf. I may need to look for a product that's good for hyperpigmentation. I heard Vitamin C oil is good.

ModestMo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What kind of moisturizer y'all use coconut oil isn't doing it for me

I don't use any currently but it's because I haven't found one I like. As far as witch hazel, I use to use it everyday but then I started noticing dry patches on my face. I went to get a facial and the lady told me stop using it. Although my skin is oily it was somehow drying and causing irritation.