Single Parenthood or Lack of Proper Parenting: Which is More Problematic?

KamalaJones

Banned
Daps
I think we often say the issue with Black children and whatnot is the lack of single parent homes versus the lack of proper parenting is that we assume that all two parent homes are functional, it's easier to say to people to get married and live together rather than correct your behavior, we don't want to look seriously the numbers of Black women who are bad parents and would be bad parents even if they were married, and we want all Black men who produce children to feel as if they are needed in their children's lives when in fact some Black men aren't good parents/good influences on their children.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
yes, the same way there can be "improper" parenting in a two parent household.

Raising a child as a single parent may not be "ideal" but that doesnt mean the child cant receive the parenting that they need.

Children growing up without constructive, loving, heterosexual parents in the home is a HUGE handicap for the children on so many levels.

It's so flawed it goes beyond simply being called improper, or "not ideal"

DazednTranslation

Sweatpants + No Print= Failure
Daps
Children growing up without constructive, loving, heterosexual parents in the home is a HUGE handicap for the children on so many levels.

It's so flawed it goes beyond simply being called improper, or "not ideal"

Children can grow up in constructive, loving, single parent OR heterosexual /homosexual parents and turn out awesome. Ive seen kids raised in households that seem to provide the perfect silver spoon lives just to turn out like
latest

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Children can grow up in constructive, loving, single parent OR heterosexual /homosexual parents and turn out awesome. Ive seen kids raised in households that seem to provide the perfect silver spoon lives just to turn out like
latest

Is turning out to be a hugely successful real estate magnate supposed to be a cautionary tale of a great upbringing? :pachaha:

Back on topic tho. Homosexuality is NOT constructive (nor is it truly progressive) so that, along with the fact that it pales in comparison to constructive, loving heterosexual parents,.makes it an automatic disqualification for Proper Parenting

What i'm trying to suggest is this: Two hetero parents CAN be improper parents, but single parent homes could NEVER be considered proper parenting.

DazednTranslation

Sweatpants + No Print= Failure
Daps
Is turning out to be a hugely successful real estate magnate supposed to be a cautionary tale of a great upbringing? :pachaha:

Back on topic tho. Homosexuality is NOT constructive (nor is it truly progressive) so that, along with the fact that it pales in comparison to constructive, loving heterosexual parents,.makes it an automatic disqualification for Proper Parenting

What i'm trying to suggest is this: Two hetero parents CAN be improper parents, but single parent homes could NEVER be considered proper parenting.
I get what youre trying to say BUT the point I'm making is that the kids dont *see* all that extra shyt. In a good household, all they know is that 'this is my mom/pops/whoever loves me and im happy'..

Hell, there are kids being rasied my their grandparents, cousins, complete strangers & are turning out just fine. . . Who are you to dictate whats "proper"?